Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Official Match Day Thread - The Debate, 7PM

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I always make a fair point Hazza, it's just some find it impossible to view a different slant on things.
Whoever wins I have no doubt the vast majority of tories mps will back.
The Tories are re grouping at a perfect time to hold off any charge from those minority parties. the tories have seen them in the distance and will be looking to widen that gap so they are seen as nothing more than a hallucination.:lolol:

Indeed. Whoever wins will of course have the backing of a large proportion of MPs. It will only be a majority (let alone a vast majority) either if the candidate backed by a majority of MPs wins the member vote, or if the tory MPs do what they always do - all profess undying loyalty to whoever is leader, regardless of who they backed in the hustings. Till they stab him/her in the back like they did with Thatcher and Johnson, of course. A loyal tory MP who means what they say and says what they mean is as rare as the Barking Toad, and is normally likely to get said person disregarded very quickly (Tom Tugendhat).

You comments about tories regrouping to hold off a charge from minority parties are not entirely clear. Which minority parties did you have in mind? Do you mean the ERG? Or is it Britain First or whatever farrage calls himself these days? I was not aware of any minority part charging or threatening the tories....

Likewise I am not aware of any gap the tories would wish to widen. They are some way behind a majority party, labour, right now, and while I would be happy to see that gap widen I don't really understand why you would. :shrug:

Never mind. I am assuming you haven't expressed yourself exactly how you intended :wink: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Culture wars, do you have any examples?

Where does one start?

Well, here's Kemi:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/13/kemi-badenoch-tory-leadership-culture-wars

If you don't want to read the Grauniad (and I admit I struggle with it), here is a right wing publication that will explain it all for you:

https://www.ft.com/content/029a1022-d4b7-4ee2-802b-7ba3d5d14db6

Google, my friend, is your friend. From time to time it may be better to do some research rather than call out another poster to explain it all for you. I'm sure you're not a lazy man :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here