Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Official Match Day Thread - The Debate, 7PM

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
What's with the thumb/forefinger/fist thing? Truss looks like she's crashed, Maybot has a rival model.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Knowing that the posh **** Rees Mogg and the mad hatter Nadine Dorries are Liz Truss,s main backers is good enough for me.

Somebody take her out....please.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ok, I’m ready . I’ve watched the debates, read the newspaper interviews, watched the telly interviews, read each candidates back story( I never knew Tommy Tugendhat was an ex squaddie,he never mentions it) even researched their voting history in the HOC.

Now I’m ready to vote.

What do you mean, I haven’t got a vote, we’re a World beating democracy, I must have a vote.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What's with the thumb/forefinger/fist thing? Truss looks like she's crashed, Maybot has a rival model.
Non aggressive punch. Blair started it, Cameron copied and my old boss tried really hard but was laughed at.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

I suppose Truss is at least trying to do an impersonation of a politician, rather than a comedian, but I'd prefer it if TT made more effort in this direction.

175134__29052.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am finding the interviewer more irritating than any of the candidates

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would be lovely for some of the candidates to explain how we improve Education, the NHS and transport while cutting taxes ?

<sigh> It puts more money in my pocket, so I spend more, and stimulate the economy, which generates more wealth, so we all get richer.

That's my case, when I petition to not pay any tax, later this year.

What?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am finding the interviewer more irritating than any of the candidates

Is it Christian Guru Murphy again?

Neither one thing nor another :shrug:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is it Christian Guru Murphy again?

Neither one thing nor another :shrug:

They are all self serving hypocrites who I wouldn't trust in a month of Sundays. Politics has to be at its lowest ebb in my lifetime.

They are just not in touch with real people and I for one don't want to see another Eton educated multi millionaire who has had a silver spoon upbringing running the country.

Sir Keir Starmer?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Did Tugendhat serve in the military? He should mention it occasionally if he did :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sir Keir Starmer?

Knighted for services to law and criminal justice in 2014 (during Call Me Dave's premiership :eek:)

Middle name 'Rodney'.

Yes. Yes, you have a point.

Minotaur, griffin or aqrabuamelu,
Nobody will ever bloody know,
He's a conundrum, is that Rodney,
But I got a friend.

Thank you, Carly Simon.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So I havn't been able to bring myself to watch this, but have any of them come across as any less horrific that usual or you expected?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dear God, what a shit show.

Boris has clearly had a word with his mate at ITV. The only person given any proper time to speak was Truss, a shame as she can't string a sentence together. I'd love to see her have a go at "just a minute". I reckon she could manage hesitation and repetition for England. Which is the only thing she should be managing. The woman looks like she can't dress herself. How on earth does she represent people? Oddly, I'm quite up for her winning now. Sure, we'll all have to live in a nuclear bunker for a year or two but after that the keys to No 10 are Sir Kier's. Vote Trussmiester. What could possibly get worse?

Rishi was bullied, another clear Big Dog move. Whose shitty idea was "ask another candidate a question"? Very obvious to target Rishi. At least Tugendhat resisted it, though his alternative question must have been asinine as I can't recall it now, less than an hour later. This section would have been far better managed by Vic Reeves and Judge Nutmeg. "Penny, you stand accused of allowing dogs to frisk on a public road and giving liquorice to the Virgin Mary. Spin, spin, spin the wheel of Justice......"

While Rishi at least offered a semblance of economic competence his obvious smarm won't have endeared him to Terrence and Felicity (83 and 81 respectively, hobbies - golf, crochet, 1970s sofas, reading the Mail and shooting foreigners) who actually get a vote.

Kemi strikes me as the least suitable person ever to be Equalities Minister with the possible exception of Boris Johnson. Imagine when she finds out she'll have to send refugees to Rwanda in some test case of the Modern Slavery act. I'm sure she'll resign. Won't she?

Penny might paper over the cracks for a year before being devoured, possibly by Rees-Mogg using his Trident as a giant fork and spitting the blood into the Solent before heading back "downstairs" until the second coming.

Last edited:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Sir Keir Starmer?

Born 1 of 4 children to a mother who was a nurse and a father who worked as a toolmaker, both were Labour Party supporters, hence he was named after the Labour Parties first Parliamentary leader Keir Hardie, by hard work the young Keir and his teachers at state schools, he studied hard and was awarded for his efforts for passing the 11 plus examination, a place at Reigate grammar school which at the time he joined was a voluntary aided selective grammar school which during his time attending converted their status in 1976 to a fee paying public establishment of which he was exempt from paying due to already being a student there. By his efforts and qualifications he acquired he went on to study law at Leeds university gaining a first class Bachelor of laws degree becoming the first member of his family to Graduate. He then went on to undertake a post graduate course at Oxford university graduating again with a Bachelor of civil law degree in 1986 a year later he became a Barrister and through continuing hard work eventually became the Director of public prosecutions for which after heading the CPS before entering Politics, he was Knighted for his service to the country for his work in 2014 and elevated to the Privy council in 2017. So unlike your silver spoon fed heroes he earned and deserved his title and status as SIR KEIR STARMER.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Born 1 of 4 children to a mother who was a nurse and a father who worked as a toolmaker, both were Labour Party supporters, hence he was named after the Labour Parties first Parliamentary leader Keir Hardie, by hard work the young Keir and his teachers at state schools, he studied hard and was awarded for his efforts for passing the 11 plus examination, a place at Reigate grammar school which at the time he joined was a voluntary aided selective grammar school which during his time attending converted their status in 1976 to a fee paying public establishment of which he was exempt from paying due to already being a student there. By his efforts and qualifications he acquired he went on to study law at Leeds university gaining a first class Bachelor of laws degree becoming the first member of his family to Graduate. He then went on to undertake a post graduate course at Oxford university graduating again with a Bachelor of civil law degree in 1986 a year later he became a Barrister and through continuing hard work eventually became the Director of public prosecutions for which after heading the CPS before entering Politics, he was Knighted for his service to the country for his work in 2014 and elevated to the Privy council in 2017. So unlike your silver spoon fed heroes he earned and deserved his title and status as SIR KEIR STARMER.

Sounds dreadfully over qualified to run the country. Surely scraping by at Latin, getting on "Have I Got News For You?" and moving on to a different woman every time you successfully breed, before finally failing to follow rules that you, yourself, are responsible for enacting, all funded by your hereditary toff family, is much more like it?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

A Labour version of Maggie Thatcher in his rise then…….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here