Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official: Leeds to go out of business

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
The creditors have rejected the final offer of 8p in the pound.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The creditors have rejected the final offer of 8p in the pound.

That's not what i read...it said that the CVA is being challenged by the Inland Revenue. I'd say there's a 25% chance they'll go under & a 50% chance they'll be chucked out of the league (they should be imho)

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
That's not what i read...it said that the CVA is being challenged by the Inland Revenue. I'd say there's a 25% chance they'll go under & a 50% chance they'll be chucked out of the league (they should be imho)

I understand, either way not looking good.

There goes our guanranteed sell out and 4 points this season.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Company Voluntary Arrangement. I believe its when a company puts itself in to liquidation rather than a creditor putting it in to it?

HM Revenue to challenge Leeds Utd
Ken Bates' proposed buyback of Leeds United is to be challenged by HM Revenue & Customs, the BBC has learned.
The announcement comes a day after the news that the administrators at the football club had persuaded Mr Bates to raise his offer to creditors.

Mr Bates is now offering creditors 8p in the pound instead of his initial proposal of just a penny.

Leeds went into administration on 4 May, before Mr Bates won backing to buy it back on 4 June.

The club has debts of £35m.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/business/6266508.stm

Published: 2007/07/03 15:27:49 GMT

© BBC MMVII

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I dont like leeds in any shape or form and am glad they went down...but I wouldnt want to see any club go out of business to be honest..not even palace!

They have a good fan base..a great old school ground and had many great players at the club...throughout the years....

I think personally they should just give us david healy...and be done with it.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I dont like leeds in any shape or form and am glad they went down...but I wouldnt want to see any club go out of business to be honest..not even palace!

They have a good fan base..a great old school ground and had many great players at the club...throughout the years....

I think personally they should just give us david healy...and be done with it.

Agree, i might not like them too much but hate to see any one go to the cleaners.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I concur Sir!

Although I will enjoy a belly full of laughs at Mrs P's Leeds supporting ex-husband's expense should it come to pass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here