Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*********** OFFICIAL iOS 7 THREAD********

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He must be right.

Apple must be shitting themselves.

Hopefully there will be a new range of Nokia 5110 facias to appease android users.

Well, I've actually used it, on the phone he will be using it on and my experience was poor compared to the current software, so I would recommend him not to upgrade.

Additionally I installed it on my iphone 5, which wasn't laggy but is still pig ugly, barely a new feature to speak of but they have ruined the whole look of the UI and its inconsistent and just generally shit compared to what they had before.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Will it stop my 4S randomly shutting down apps while I'm using them, to my great annoyance?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Will it stop my 4S randomly shutting down apps while I'm using them, to my great annoyance?

That sounds more like your apps crashing, in which case it would be the app makers fault, does it only happen in a few apps or in all of them? It might help if they're crashing due to an issue with iOS but this sounds unlikely, more likely upgrading would have no impact on particular apps crashing and theres a slim chance it might make the issue worse.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Well, I've actually used it, on the phone he will be using it on and my experience was poor compared to the current software, so I would recommend him not to upgrade.

Additionally I installed it on my iphone 5, which wasn't laggy but is still pig ugly, barely a new feature to speak of but they have ruined the whole look of the UI and its inconsistent and just generally shit compared to what they had before.

I've used it too.

I like it

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I'm going to wait a couple weeks to hear the verdict from users.
I was excited, then I remembered when I upgraded my iPhone 3 to a new iOS a few years back and the thing was unusable, far too slow and a lot of my apps wouldn't work so I was forced to jailbreak it (which I didn't like) so I purchased a new iPhone 4. Now I fear if I upgrade (it's not the S version) it'll become slow and unusable too... £415 for a new iPhone 5, about £350 for a used one. Why am I feeling like apple have me bent over with my pants around my ankles and no lube in sight? I bet they wouldn't even throw me a reach around.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm going to wait a couple weeks to hear the verdict from users.
I was excited, then I remembered when I upgraded my iPhone 3 to a new iOS a few years back and the thing was unusable, far too slow and a lot of my apps wouldn't work so I was forced to jailbreak it (which I didn't like) so I purchased a new iPhone 4. Now I fear if I upgrade (it's not the S version) it'll become slow and unusable too... £415 for a new iPhone 5, about £350 for a used one. Why am I feeling like apple have me bent over with my pants around my ankles and no lube in sight? I bet they wouldn't even throw me a reach around.

Based on my experiences with the 4 you best off sticking with what you have.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Blimey you really are a barrel of laughs you aren't you!

Critically acclaimed in the tech press:

http://gdgt.com/apple/ios/7/

With all due respect I'll take their opinion over yours. If it was that shit why didn't you roll back to iOS6?

Ahh yes of course, giving my personal opinion on a new piece of software means I must be a right boring loser because I don't think it's very good? Nice logic.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I assume this release is going to make the iPhone 4/4S completely unusable without getting any new features, forcing people to upgrade to the new models. They're very CUNNING those Apple folks.

Still, at least they've got a "budget" model this time.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ahh yes of course, giving my personal opinion on a new piece of software means I must be a right boring loser because I don't think it's very good? Nice logic.

Not just basing it on your opinion of the software, every post you make you are moaning about something! Also your signature makes you look like a petulant teenager. It's almost (but not quite) as cringe worthy as the Majors'.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not just basing it on your opinion of the software, every post you make you are moaning about something! Also your signature makes you look like a petulant teenager. It's almost (but not quite) as cringe worthy as the Majors'.

I like the bit where he says he is boycotting the amex until prices come down and then attended the first home match of the season

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Ok, So i have had an iPhone 4 for the last couple of years and tonight will go home and unpack my new 5. What will be different from iO6 which I believe was running on my 4?

I am assuming there must be some pretty bbig chanegs for everyone to get so excited. I have also seen on my iPad that I keep being told to 'Get ready for iO7' as otherwise my apps won't work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here