Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Friday Tory Bashing Thread ***

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
It's Friday, the sun is out, we are on the cusp of the joining the football elite but you and your cronies are just waiting in the shadows to jump on anything that comes by to moan about . :yawn::yawn:

As usual these threads descend into farce where depending which side of the political fence you sit you spout your own chosen indoctrination and completely ignore any compelling argument put forward by your opponents by quoting 'facts' that simply aren't true.

The sun is not out here.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No need for Tory bashing when they do it so well themselves.

It was George Osborne wasn't it who recently said that people who actively seek to avoid paying uk taxes are no better than common criminals? Sanctimonious claptrap unless Cameron resigns. The likelihood of that from a two nation Tory...... zilch!

NB. I'm assuming the average NSC poster isn't daft enough to believe that investing in offshore vehicles in tax-friendly island states has any purpose other than to intentionally seek to benefit from their superior tax regime (or why not just invest here?). I'm also assuming that the argument that individual informed investment is no different to you or I having money invested by our pension fund is as spurious and hypercritical as the people who propound it.

Legality isn't an issue here - it's this government's policy of saying one thing and doing the opposite thinking they are somehow immune to and above public response.

What uk taxes has he failed to pay. He paid income tax on the share dividend and the profit when selling was below the capital gains threshold

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Isn't it that he has tried to lie, deny and dissemble around this issue before finally coming clean??

When did he lie. In the best Sir Humphrey tradition he answered the questions posed. Perhaps you would like to ask why the correct questions were not asked to elicite the detail earlier

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You ans [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] were the clowns convinced right up until the last that Labour were going to win the general election. Hands on the pulse of the UKs heartbeat......

Our only error was that we were slightly ahead of our time. Give it a short while and order and decency will be restored to the UK

Still waiting for someone to show me what he's actually done wrong here.

Show me that and I will remove my support of him, apart from the being in Europe bit, that bit stays.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Still waiting for someone to show me what he's actually done wrong here.

Show me that and I will remove my support of him, apart from the being in Europe bit, that bit stays.

Being deliberately obtuse is tedious.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
REALLY can't see what DC has done wrong here. Bought some shares, sold them and paid the relevant UK tax on the proceeds.

It seems more of a pop at the fact that DC had the funds to invest in the first place.

Politics of envy, written into the Labour Party mission statement.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
REALLY can't see what DC has done wrong here. Bought some shares, sold them and paid the relevant UK tax on the proceeds.

It seems more of a pop at the fact that DC had the funds to invest in the first place.

Is there proof he has, apart from his word...which really isn't anything to go on?

Why was his stake in Blairmore not disclosed in the register of MPs' financial interests? He wants transparency and fairness, but isn't leading by example.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The headlines should read "man makes a modest investment and pays all his tax"

BBC failing to get the story / headline they seemed to be trying very hard to get!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He is the Leader of the Official opposition, does a lower moral standard apply to this role?

So you are saying it is morally acceptable to have a history which I described in my previous post as long as he doesn't condemn anyone who did the same?

JC has opinions some I agree with some I don't, what I don't want is a Prime Minister preaching to me and you that we should not be evading/aoiding tax, being all in this together, when the slippery sod is doing exactly the opposite.
Jc is at least honest about his beliefs even if you or I disagree with them, and he is not telling you or me that we must do what he says for the good of the country.
morals DC does not know the meaning of the word
he has to go

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Is there proof he has, apart from his word...which really isn't anything to go on?

Why was his stake in Blairmore not disclosed in the register of MPs' financial interests? He wants transparency and fairness, but isn't leading by example.

and why try to hide it in a bank in Panama
simply because you can hide it there

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The Nasty Party at its best failed policies no evidance austerity is working rich richer the poor much poorer after the expences scandal and subsequent clear out now the PM has only owned up when the evidence is irrefutable until then lies half so truths and he will not be alone once all the documents have been read and there are millions to go through I am sure many more of all political persuasions will be involved makes me sick, was listening to the radio today and a Tory minister came on to say how sad he was for the PM and his family having to put up with this intrusion........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The headlines should read "man makes a modest investment and pays all his tax"

BBC failing to get the story / headline they seemed to be trying very hard to get!

The headlines should read "man makes a modest investment and pays all his tax but for some strange reason is being very evasive about it"

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Capitalism is clearly failing I wonder if we will see it collapse in our lifetime what will fill the void?

Whatever it is I can only hope it's a more fare system maybe time for something completely different

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here