Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Friday Tory Bashing Thread ***

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So whats worse owning £19000 in shares in an offshore company and paying UK income tax on all dividends or sending a country to war based on false information about WMDs.

One was a personal investment, the other cost the country money and the death and wounding of many servicemen

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
yes,yes it might be legal
but is it moral?

As a stickler for moral probity how would you view someone who invited terrorist representatives to the house of commons shortly after they tried to blow up the government in a seaside hotel?

Or someone that called members of a rabidly anti semitic terrorist organisation friends?

Or personally made a donation to a 'charitable' fund set up by a holocaust denier?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Yes. He had a small amount of money to invest. He bough some units in his father's investment fund . He sold them later. He paid UK tax on the proceeds. Seems moral enough to me.

Not really, if he is calling out other people who have done the same thing.

He lied and wriggled for five days before admitting it.

As usual with Dave, it's 'Do what I say, not what I do...'

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
All in this together my arse.

Bye bye David :wave:

Don't say me and [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] didn't warn you.

Ooooo you've changed your tune, you were singing his praises not so long ago telling us what a great job he had done getting a good deal in recent negotiations.

#plastictory

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not really, if he is calling out other people who have done the same thing.

He lied and wriggled for five days before admitting it.

As usual with Dave, it's 'Do what I say, not what I do...'

He might have 'wriggled' to use your word... but when did he 'lie' ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No need for Tory bashing when they do it so well themselves.

It was George Osborne wasn't it who recently said that people who actively seek to avoid paying uk taxes are no better than common criminals? Sanctimonious claptrap unless Cameron resigns. The likelihood of that from a two nation Tory...... zilch!

NB. I'm assuming the average NSC poster isn't daft enough to believe that investing in offshore vehicles in tax-friendly island states has any purpose other than to intentionally seek to benefit from their superior tax regime (or why not just invest here?). I'm also assuming that the argument that individual informed investment is no different to you or I having money invested by our pension fund is as spurious and hypercritical as the people who propound it.

Legality isn't an issue here - it's this government's policy of saying one thing and doing the opposite thinking they are somehow immune to and above public response.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
So whats worse owning £19000 in shares in an offshore company and paying UK income tax on all dividends or sending a country to war based on false information about WMDs.

One was a personal investment, the other cost the country money and the death and wounding of many servicemen

There's no need to bring the Falklands into it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
All in this together my arse.

Bye bye David :wave:

You ans [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] were the clowns convinced right up until the last that Labour were going to win the general election. Hands on the pulse of the UKs heartbeat......

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Little point in a Tory bashing thread, they will continue on as ever professing the usual platitudes such as In this Together/Britain is open for Business/ If People want to Work Hard and get on...etc etc The Tory party will encourage this. In reality

"We" are quite obviously not in this together, DC will soon "retire " on a grand pension and the best private health care topped up with a few nice and easy directorships from his chums. ,Britain Open for Business really means " please come here and invest in anything and we will provide a low pay workforce for you and you can take the profits out of the country dead easy....oh, and if you want to buy anything like a steel business, or a rail franchise or public utility company step right up...like the last half hour in a car boot sale, we will accept any offers now.

Yes. He had a small amount of money to invest. He bough some units in his father's investment fund . He sold them later. He paid UK tax on the proceeds. Seems moral enough to me.

I can't work out what he's actually done wrong.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Little point in a Tory bashing thread, they will continue on as ever professing the usual platitudes such as In this Together/Britain is open for Business/ If People want to Work Hard and get on...etc etc The Tory party will encourage this. In reality

"We" are quite obviously not in this together, DC will soon "retire " on a grand pension and the best private health care topped up with a few nice and easy directorships from his chums. ,Britain Open for Business really means " please come here and invest in anything and we will provide a low pay workforce for you and you can take the profits out of the country dead easy....oh, and if you want to buy anything like a steel business, or a rail franchise or public utility company step right up...like the last half hour in a car boot sale, we will accept any offers now.

Are you talking about Tony Blair?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's fair to accuse him of hypocrisy and it certainly undermines the 'all in this together' line but I doubt anyone really believed that laughable soundbite anyway.

Mind you he is no more hypocritical or morally questionable than the Corbyn fanboys on here.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
It's fair to accuse him of hypocrisy and it certainly undermines the 'all in this together' line but I doubt anyone really believed that laughable soundbite anyway.

Mind you he is no more hypocritical or morally questionable than the Corbyn fanboys on here.

Enter....that lib dem chap. What's his name?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I prefer the dogs in fancy dress. Much more entertaining.

You prefer dogs in costume to a bit good old fashioned working class kicking the toffs?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here