Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2009 Career Thread

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
5 games in with the Wombles, got 9 points :)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I am BOYCOTTING, and have instead downloaded an update for CM01-02 - Glenn is on fire up front :bowdown:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Playing a network game with my mate so have only just really started the season. Signed Sergiy Rebrov for 200k and he is the business with David Livermore alongside him! Also signed up a South african midfielder by the name of Michael Morton. Class act and got him for peanuts.

Where did you get £200k from?

I'd love to sign Rebrov for my Albion side (I'm assuming you're playing as Brighton) but that sort of money I can only DREAM of

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I am BOYCOTTING, and have instead downloaded an update for CM01-02 - Glenn is on fire up front :bowdown:

Interesting. I have heard there is a community supporting this version of the game as the best ever release and you can get all the latest transfers with the updated player database and even edit the start date to now.

So how's it going WW? Should I take the plunge back to the good old days? When winning wasn't ENTIRELY IMPOSSIBLE

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
CM 01-02 was by far the best, is Potter joking around when he mentions Muzza and Hawkins?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Attachments

• FM.JPG
    FM.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 546

Jimmy Grimble

CM 01-02 brings back some very happy memories of my early childhood, when playing on the computer was special and I could replicate the old Micky Adams :( Them were the days...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
CM 01-02 :drool:

When i get bored of FM09, your'll be getting a pm from me asking for that link again:lolol:;)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I got drawn against Staines Town in the FA cup 2nd qualifying round.(away)

Was 1-0 down, 93 mins in put everyone up top and a goalkeeping mistake gave Viera the chance to tap in from 5 yards:yahoo:, won the replay 2-0 too:cool:

3rd qualifying round, i've been drawn at home to Thatcham.:glare:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Where did you get £200k from?

I'd love to sign Rebrov for my Albion side (I'm assuming you're playing as Brighton) but that sort of money I can only DREAM of

Also if you try and sign a player for a fee above what you have, you can adjust the budget and reduce wage budget and increase transfer budget. I managed to get 300k for players.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Just about to spend my day off on my first season, done a slight edit with the Albion squad and added all our loan players before loading up, have so far played the six friendlies, 4 wins, a draw against Hamilton Accies & a defeat v Spurs!... First league game coming up, Mk Dons!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Code:
               Kuipers
Whing    Elphick    Virgo    Richards
             Kemal Izzet
    Livermore   Thomson   Campbell (from Brizzle Rovers)

Murray     Robbie Fowler

Unstoppable (well, in the playoffs)

:)

My partnership of Fowler and Murray is setting the League One ALIGHT.

I actually did a lap of my living room in CELEBRATION when fowler put pen to paper on the deal !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here