Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official England v USA thread***

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Robert Green blames error on new goalkeeper jersey being too baggy.

Attachments

• 93714037.jpg
    93714037.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 232

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So excited / nervous - couldn't sleep!

My heart says we'll win narrowly but my head says 1-1 and cue the usual NSC knobs writing us off...

We do often start slowly and i'm nervous. This tourno we need to have a quick start and ideally a win. I think if we do start slowly this game then we need to really kick on ns game as in 2006 we never seemed to start...

I. Rest. My. Case. :bla:

May 30, 2010
Last night's game was the equivalent of Villa v Blackburn, so why do people think it should have been a walkover?

My great-uncle Alf had exactly the same problem in '66 in the first match.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No one dislikes Heskey as a player more than me, everyone knows that on this site, I thought he had a decent game last night, he did what he was in the side for in my opinion.

However the reason he is the side is because he supposedly brings the best out of Rooney...well that certainly wasnt the case last night.

As long as we persist with either Heskey or Crouch as a front man we wont do anything in this world cup, we still go long ball from the full backs to often when we have the big man upfront, we should be keeping the ball and playing through midfield where our best players are.

It was crying out for Defoe not Crouch in those last 20 mins, a really sharp little finisher not another lump changing like for like Heskey/Crouch.

For me we have to Keep Gerrard central, that means playing him behind Rooney who becomes the furthest player forward like with Man U then Barry can come into Central midfield and give Lampard a bit more freedom to bomb forward, something he didnt have the opportunity to do last night.

Positives are there is still time to sort it, and we will still win the group

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Its classic americans really, we've got one over on you(to an extent) so now we love the sport! I Hate those twats.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I’m starting to get a bit pissed off with ESPN and the other US networks crucifying Green for yesterday’s fiasco and continuously showing that bloody clip – but thinking about it he does partly deserve it for making a complete tit of himself in front of a few hundred million viewers. The comparison with Howard’s blinder is embarrassing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think the new york post is quite lighthearted, kinda like the daily sport, but less sex.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Rooney

Goals in last 10 games WITH Heskey - 9
Goals in last 10 games WITHOUT Heskey - 2

That speaks for itself. If you can't understand simple maths then don't bother.

Since when was football a mathmatical equation? It has nothing to do with maths. When was the last time Rooney scored for England? Let's have the stat on that shall we, and then tell me the last time Heskey scored for England. And tell me that's a good front two.

Unless the team changes for the next match, we won't be doing anything major.

But, in happier news, if Slovenia beat USA, they're through. We'd just need to beat Algeria to require a mere point against the already qualified Slovenia to knock out USA. :) It's not over, far from it. 1-1 isn't the worst result in the world, in context.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I think the new york post is quite lighthearted, kinda like the daily sport, but less sex.

I wouldn’t call it light hearted – it’s more like Fox News in print and even more right wing than the Daily Mail if that’s possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here