***Official England v USA thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
unfortunately we just don't seem to play good football at international level,our game has not evolved at the same pace as the rest of the world , you will not win a world cup with hoofing defenders,i await brazils first match to underline this.

most of the older supporters are convinced that the england players believe their own hype and actually think they are better than they are.......or is it personality/attitude problems with the likes of lamps and gerrard(potentially a world beating duo you would have to admit) there is no doubt that being english at world cup time has not been all that special for the last 24 yrs. imho i hasten to add

Feb 14, 2010
same old england. No composure, little skill, shit ball control and cant put 5 passes together without some idiot panicking - blame english coaches and PE teachers for that. Get Rooeney central midfield so he gets on the ball and controls the game. Hoofing long balls up to Heskey is garbage. Crouch would be more likely to get on the end of crosses than Heskey. Get a holding midfielder playng with Lampard in central midfied and give Rooney a free role. Get our best player on the ball. Gerrard? Right back. We need to start a passing it, and have a creative magic in the midfield that will only come from Rooney. 451. The keeper? f***ing lucky he doesnt play cricket if he cant stop a football going at 20mph. Send him home. But you watch the west ham press will be feeling sorry for him by Tuesday

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
OK, it was all a bit Sven Goran Erikkson at times, I agree. But lets just enjoy the ride eh. and not lose sight of the fact that the USA absolutely ran their socks off to stop us getting any space, and that Capello is not Erikkson

Stumpy Tim

A few hours on and a draw isn't a bad result. Hopefully we won't see Gerrard and Lampard in centre mid together again with Barry coming back. Switch Stevie out left and we'll be fine.

My worry is central defence. Carragher isn't the answer as neither him or Terry have any pace... So it's Upson in for me

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
My worry is central defence. Carragher isn't the answer as neither him or Terry have any pace... So it's Upson in for me

Well said, Carragher is an accident waiting to happen, he struggled against pacey US forwards last night, imagine when we come up against a better team. :eek:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
We're notoriously slow starters at tournaments so i'm not panicking too much yet but the thing that annoyed me last night is no one was doing the simple things correctly.
They had miles & miles of space in midfield, no one was even trying to close them down & when they did it was all very half arsed. I know its the first game of the tournament & no one wants to get injured but at least get into them a bit.
Even South Africa when leading against Mexico were shutting em down everytime they were on the ball

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
same team as maclaren, nothings changed:

cant pass. cant keep possession. no composure.

heskey and lampard both tosh.....as always.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Loving the continual Heskey bandwagon, he was by a long way the BEST England player on that pitch last night.

Rooney didn't show up, Green had oil on his gloves and I'm a fat bastard but I reckon I could outsprint Carragher.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Loving the continual Heskey bandwagon, he was by a long way the BEST England player on that pitch last night.

Rooney didn't show up, Green had oil on his gloves and I'm a fat bastard but I reckon I could outsprint Carragher.

Totally agree. Carragher would have been sent off if he had started the match, going to end up with a lot of bookings in my opinion, embarrassingly slow which you won't get away with at a World Cup.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25
I'm intreeged to know where this halfwit learn't how not to spell.

OK, I admit that Westdene Seagull has problems with his English diction, but surely it has to be: "I'm intrigued to know where this halfwit learnt to spell" ! Pots and kettles comes to mind. Why exactly is it that nobody seems to be able to use English correctly?

Am I missing something ? I can't even find SE25s rant towards me ???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A few hours on and a draw isn't a bad result. Hopefully we won't see Gerrard and Lampard in centre mid together again with Barry coming back. Switch Stevie out left and we'll be fine.

Brilliant idea, lets move our most influential and best player on the night out of the middle and to the left side.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Am I the only one who looks back at that game and wonders how big a suitcase full of used $100 bills Robert Green received from the Chinese betting syndicate?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Oi Green, take notice of the ad screens!

Attachments

• alert.JPG
    alert.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 102

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Brilliant idea, lets move our most influential and best player on the night out of the middle and to the left side.

??? Thats how England has been set up for a while now, with Gerrard in a free role on the left of Rooney. He's been playing better there than he generally has in the middle.

he played well last night to a point, but still a bit too sloppy in possession at times, which is risky for someone in the middle.

Say what you like about my posts, this is one of the worst I've ever read on here. You're one of the people I mentioned in my last post. You decide what you're going to respond by who posted the comment, not by the content. I'll never understand the need to be offensive, either. If we were having this conversation in a pub, it would go very differently.

If that is one of the worst posts you have ever read on here, then how can you legislate for the fact that half the posts on here are fish based puns and some cock trying to make out he is Swindons messiah?

And you sir are one of the very few on here that consistently blabbers on about absolute drivel, so don't try to justify your post by saying that I deliberately disagree with the comment because of who has posted it. You are just simply talking utter, utter GASH, as usual.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
If that is one of the worst posts you have ever read on here, then how can you legislate for the fact that half the posts on here are fish based puns ....

The world would be a better PLAICE if everyone was forced to use fish puns on a daily basis. In fact, on a SCALE of 1 to 10, I'd rate it around the 7.2 mark.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Agreed. Just watched the re-run and Eng created far more than the US. The US had one chance that was it (and that was cos of Carragher's lack of pace)... Eng weren't that bad atall - We always start slow it just depends whether we kick on or not like 2006...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports