Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official cycling thread

Dec 27, 2010
Yeah, I've been doing a few bits now and again, trying to keep my shape for the eastbourne sportive, Did the Le Puncheur a while back in 4:58 which is bronze standard so not too great but not completely shabby either, not sure how I'll do with the 109 miles and the wall though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm doing The Weald, only the 65 mile route.
I've got more than half an eye on the Brighton 106 miles, that should end the season, nicely.

The Wall didn't live up to it's reputation, as a fat lad, with a decent engine, it's never bothered me.
Unlike Cobb Lane, I hate it and can't go it, grrrrr.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
ooooh! me, me.
I've been having a good pedal about.
Last summer I did the Evans King of the downs - 117miles and 9,000feet of climbing. It included the Wall which was fine unlike some of the later hills (which I walked up)
This summer in June I'm doing the Weald 200K - must get the rear hub fixed or perhaps a new pair of wheels???

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i havent really been out this year so far, just havent had the time, am doing some bike ride across the downs (35 miles) in about a month, then the london to brighton, i need to get some more miles under my belt but at the moment i dont know when

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We did Dungeness Nuclear Power Station to Folkestone and back two weeks ago. About a 50 mile round trip on flat cycle paths (National Cycle Route 2) stopping off for a sunbathe/swim off Folkestone. Very enjoyable, even though we didn't get to see 'Dave' the resident female dolphin who sometimes makes an appearance off the shore.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me, me I have ridden my bike somewhere. See the Royal wedding thread. Still building myself back up to fitness at the moment might try a 30 miler tomorrow not sure what route to do. Any suggestions leaving from central Brighton?
Seafront to Shoreham, nice flat and wind assisted.
Up towards Henfield as far as you fancy.
Right, then back home over The Beacon.

Little bit of everything.

(Christ knows why I'm telling you this, it's not like you don't know! My next lesson will be 'teaching your Grandmother to suck eggs!!!:lol:).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ooooh! me, me.
I've been having a good pedal about.
Last summer I did the Evans King of the downs - 117miles and 9,000feet of climbing. It included the Wall which was fine unlike some of the later hills (which I walked up)

I promised one of my buddies, King Of The Mountains Colin, (Col du Col) I'd keep the weight off this winter and do that with him next year, as preparation for an assault on The Pyrenees.
Sadly though it's more likely I won't do any of that and just lay on the sofa eating doughnuts and Haribo.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Seafront to Shoreham, nice flat and wind assisted.
Up towards Henfield as far as you fancy.
Right, then back home over The Beacon.

Little bit of everything.

(Christ knows why I'm telling you this, it's not like you don't know! My next lesson will be 'teaching your Grandmother to suck eggs!!!:lol:).

True, I was hoping that someone had discovered some new roads that I did not know about :lolol:

Sadly I have woken up today with a touch of the old man flu so might delay my ride until tomorrow. I am fancying a ride along the coast to Eastbourne then seeing how I am feeling and maybe keep going to Hastings at the moment. Then a train home.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Does anyone know anything about this bike? I'm thinking about getting it. I've recently discovered I love cycling and would like a bicycle that I can go quite quickly on, but also go over fairly rough ground. Anybody have any thoughts?
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/roux/conquest-2300-2013-cyclocross-bike-ec051745#features

Also, does anyone know of a good route to go from Polegate to Lewes?

Thanks in advance,
A complete cycling novice.

EDIT: Just realised this is in the other section. I'll re-post it on the big board.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Does anyone know anything about this bike? I'm thinking about getting it. I've recently discovered I love cycling and would like a bicycle that I can go quite quickly on, but also go over fairly rough ground. Anybody have any thoughts?
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/roux/conquest-2300-2013-cyclocross-bike-ec051745#features

Also, does anyone know of a good route to go from Polegate to Lewes?

Thanks in advance,
A complete cycling novice.

EDIT: Just realised this is in the other section. I'll re-post it on the big board.

Put it in here! http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?225171-Cycling-geeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here