Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official Costa Rica v England Match Thread****

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll admit I've been paying little attention to this, but the first time I remember hearing Wilshire's name being mentioned was as he was subbed off just then.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Smalling and Jones wouldn't be anywhere near the England squad if they didn't play for Utd. I'd imagine Utd will be upgrading next season. Both very poor at this level esp Smalling.

Smalling so poor, that average Jonny Evans plays ahead of him.

Not so long ago we had the pick of King, Keown, Ferdinand, Terry and Campbell. We're surprisingly not strong in CB's at the moment.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'll admit I've been paying little attention to this, but the first time I remember hearing Wilshire's name being mentioned was as he was subbed off just then.

Then you haven't been hearing just how many times he's fallen over! Commentators even questioning his mentality! Have to say, been saying he's much overrated for an age. I just don't get the buzz about this player. Join the queue with Lee Hendrie etc

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Would sending a squad of hungry young English Championship players out there do any worse? No.

As it stands, the only points the OAP's of Italy have got are against us. Embarrassing.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
so the whole stick a bunch of young hungry players on idea doesnt work either then. sigh.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Then you haven't been hearing just how many times he's fallen over! Commentators even questioning his mentality! Have to say, been saying he's much overrated for an age. I just don't get the buzz about this player. Join the queue with Lee Hendrie etc

Wilshire was looking brilliant 3 years ago. Midfield dynamo with a Barca-like short passing game.

But since then game has gone to bits. Gets fouled a lot, but falls when not fouled, always complaining and opponents wind him up with ease.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Wilshire was looking brilliant 3 years ago. Midfield dynamo with a Barca-like short passing game.

But since then game has gone to bits. Gets fouled a lot, but falls when not fouled, always complaining and opponents wind him up with ease.

Believed his own hype, standard English attitude

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Worse than watching Albion on a bad day at the Amex. A bit like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here