Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official Costa Rica v England Match Thread****

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
First shot from England. "Always look on the bright side of life".

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm assuming the BBC didn't want this game. It's not like them to only show one of the England openers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
England, touch wood, have settled down nicely. Sturridge, Shaw, and one or two others have been progressive and created already. Foster done well so far.
After all the understandable over the top doom and gloom, anger and over-analysis, it's good to get a game to try out players and tactics.

Should've been a penalty. The fouling defender made no attempt to get the ball, but illegally prevented Sturridge scoring. Anywhere else on the pitch, that would have been a freekick.

Smalling looks poor in his distribution.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm flicking between The Test Match, Italy V Uruguay and England V Costa Rica

All 3 are depressing and shite. The slow death in the Test match, the Uruguay match seems to be an 80's throwback of everyone being kicked up in the air and the England game because I should be on the edge of my seat and I'm anything but.

I'm going down the pub at half time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Listening to give live on train home thats a first for me in watching us at the World Cup ie I'm not!

Our office got beers in, organised a do out on the big screen in our board room with food...and no ones bothered to go when there was a 30+ crowd expected when interest was gleaned a few weeks back. Feel sorry for our office manager, and a little ungrateful. But it's the same everywhere. Die hard fans even with free booze supplied have opted to give this a miss. And by sounds of first half commentary, I'm pleased I've not stuck around in London to watch and will be home at normal time. Five live are alamming our performance!!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Smalling and Jones wouldn't be anywhere near the England squad if they didn't play for Utd. I'd imagine Utd will be upgrading next season. Both very poor at this level esp Smalling.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
This is by far the worst performance I've seen from any team in the competition so far, we're an embarrassment! I actually feel less optimistic now than I did at the end of the Uruguay game, at least there were some promising signs despite the defeat, but this is just dire - at least try and make an effort to give all those travelling fans something to cheer f@cksake!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did Barkley dive there or was his two footed jump thing merely evasive action at the challenge he was about to meet?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Absolutely clear Costa Rica are thinking about the next round. Any half decent outfit would be well in front by now.........

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
England fans singing well.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ridiculous predictable negative tosh on this thread. England reserves have been pretty good. Definitely a few positives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here