Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Calderon for manager thread.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll vote for him as long as it's not for Brighton manager, he can come back when he's got some sort of managerial track record.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Nope nope nope nope.

NSC would just demand his sacking after 2-5 months anyway. Continuity is not what NSC wants. It wants results, yesterday.

Caldy is too good for that treatment.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
so make caldy assistant to a big name manager who does really well and is offered (e.g.) the Sunderland position. We then find the entire backroom staff ripped from the club again. If billy big bollocks doesn't do the job (e.g. maybe a guy from northern europe who managed in Germany) then Caldy will have learnt how to lose from that guy and be crap. Its a lose/lose situation

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is time to get up off the floor and start to plan for the future. We need to bring some continuity to the club after the last few years of constant changing. I believe that the way to do this is by promoting from within.

Inigo Calderon is the man to give us this continuity. Maybe not yet, he needs some time to learn the ropes and get his badges. I suggest appoint him as assistant manager alongside Sami with a view to him taking over next season.

Who else thinks that this is the way to go rather than taking a punt on an unproven manager do doesn't understand our club and culture?

Assistant Manager for our club at the moment is someone who puts the cones out. In a normal club they would be far more involved with team affairs because the manager would have a greater hand in player recruitment. Right now David Burke appears to be filling that role. I actually think Calderon as Assistant could undermine the existing manager whilst not giving Calde enough power.

I think he should get his badges, maybe spend a year or two as player / coach at somewhere like Crawley and leave a gap, then return to the Albion further on down the line. Charlie Oatway took this route and it worked out OK, Nathan Jones himself did something similar although I'm not convinced he's got what it takes.

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
Assistant Manager for our club at the moment is someone who puts the cones out. In a normal club they would be far more involved with team affairs because the manager would have a greater hand in player recruitment. Right now David Burke appears to be filling that role. I actually think Calderon as Assistant could undermine the existing manager whilst not giving Calde enough power.

I think he should get his badges, maybe spend a year or two as player / coach at somewhere like Crawley and leave a gap, then return to the Albion further on down the line. Charlie Oatway took this route and it worked out OK, Nathan Jones himself did something similar although I'm not convinced he's got what it takes.

I think that we need more than Charlie Oatway gave us from Caldie

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
When's the last time we had any success under a manager with a beard? No thanks.

Oh, hang on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here