Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Calderon for manager thread.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Calde really is the exception to the rule where some are concerned.

I'm fairly certain there are numerous threads where some have stated, for whatever reason, that the next manager should be a) English and b) Experienced...until Calde's name comes up. Baffling.

Personally, I couldn't care less where our next manager comes from, nor how much experience he has as a manager, as long as they have some experience in the coaching game. I'm thinking of people along the lines of Clarke, Bowyer or even Warburton, all of whom have shown that experience has a value, but that an (apparently) sound coaching ideal can count for more.

Last edited:

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
A Bournemouth supporting mate said there were many who went nuts when Eddie howe was appointed. Would could a distinguished ex player with no managerial experience ever achieve.

Nobody knows if Calderón would fail or be a success

Exactly. Does he have to go off to Bolton or somewhere before we know if he has what it takes?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How about Enrest as MANAGER and Harty as Coach and entertainment officer that should certainly put some FEAR in to the players.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No ta.
Has he even done his badges?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
A Bournemouth supporting mate said there were many who went nuts when Eddie howe was appointed. Would could a distinguished ex player with no managerial experience ever achieve.

Nobody knows if Calderón would fail or be a success

A relegation battle is not the time to throw a novice manager into the mix.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Calde in if we had 5 - 8 games left of the season and needed just to get rid.

However if we were to bring someone in now, we need experiance to get us out of this mess.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
No thanks. This thread reminds me of when the players wanted Bob Booker as manager and the only reason why the players wanted him were because they're all bum chums and the crap players wouldn't be dropped as best mate is manager.

That turned out well didn't it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Don't we have a young assistant manager already?

Would like to see Calde stay on in some capacity though. I always thought it would be as part of AITC rather than coaching.... we'll see I guess.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
How about Enrest as MANAGER and Harty as Coach and entertainment officer that should certainly put some FEAR in to the players.

Definately the way to go. They could alternate with Calde (manager) and Hope Powell (assistant manager) each week. Maybe Calde/Powell could do the home matches and Ernest/Hart the away games.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I would love to see Calderon as the Brighton Manager, just not now. Maybe start here as a number as an assistant to an experienced manger why he does his badges and learns the job. That would be great.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It is time to get up off the floor and start to plan for the future. We need to bring some continuity to the club after the last few years of constant changing. I believe that the way to do this is by promoting from within.

Inigo Calderon is the man to give us this continuity. Maybe not yet, he needs some time to learn the ropes and get his badges. I suggest appoint him as assistant manager alongside Sami with a view to him taking over next season.

Who else thinks that this is the way to go rather than taking a punt on an unproven manager do doesn't understand our club and culture?

If you just want somebody in to slap a few heads, and instil a bit of passion, then Danny Cullip's yer man. Replacement for the dumb Welsh weasel Jones as a minimum.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As much as I love Calde, getting a manager who has no prior experience and as far as I know has done no coaching badges. Hardly ideal for the situation we are currently in.

At some point in the future, maybe, right now? No way.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Ridiculous idea.

Warren Aspinall - now there's an idea.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Trouble with having Calde as manager (not now, but sometime in the future) is that inevitably he would eventually be sacked, and nobody wold like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here