***Official*** Brighton and Hove Albion Website.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've got the new website showing now.

Bit noisy, isn't it?

The first thing that comes up is an advert for P&O Cruises. I don't remember Dave the Gaffer infiltrating my browsing history.

And if you're going to have a poll on the front page, don't make it anything tedious like 'Are you season ticket holder?', you need important burning questions of the day like 'Does a black shirt go with dark jeans?' or 'Susanna Reid - would you...?'

Sheesh.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Bit noisy, isn't it?

Still can't get the new site. Done everything, cleared cache. Glad I don't have the new version yet, going from what I have seen on other sites it looks crap.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Now I at least get it on my phone. But the desktop version. If I click the link to the mobile version I get...the desktop version again. What a fiasco. Still getting "gateway timeout" from PC.

D

Deleted member 22389

Annoyingly not one supporter has been allowed to have a say or critic the designs before they where rammed down supporters throats.
Are we not helping to fund these sites with our payments to Seagulls World?

I don't want our site to look like every other clubs site and vice versa. What's the harm in giving every club their own custom site and just including their advertising around the site.

At the end of the day, it's all about them being in control and being able to charge their main advertisers lots of money, whilst running as many adverts as they can and burning our processor out. Load of bollox.

Last edited by a moderator:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Please bring me back the original sites. Yes I know they are old, but they looked good back in the day.
http://web.archive.org/web/20010302074705/http://www.seagulls.co.uk/

We need our own bloody template, and we need to have local companies advertising on the site.

And look at the old NSC
http://web.archive.org/web/20020814110249/http://www.northstandchat.com/

Brilliant!! Happy days:
-------------------------------------------------------------
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Albion win promotion!
Saturday, 14 April, 2001 7:29pm
Crowdshot_3.jpg

Albion will play Second Division football next season, after sealing promotion with a 2-0 win at Plymouth Argyle yesterday. Goals from Paul Brooker and Bobby Zamora were enough for Albion, as results elsewhere went the way of the Seagulls.

After the win, an emotional Micky Adams and his players celebrated on the pitch in front of nearly 1,500 delirious fans who'd made the trip to Home Park, and afterwards he said, between shedding a few tears of joy, "Forget the nine-point deduction for Chesterfield. If we win all our games between now and the end of the season, we will be champions - and that's what we're going for!"

Hartlepool were beaten at home by Hull, and Rochdale drew at Macclesfield, which confirmed Albion's first promotion in 13 years.
[/FONT]
-------------------------------------------------------------

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Bit noisy, isn't it?

The first thing that comes up is an advert for P&O Cruises. I don't remember Dave the Gaffer infiltrating my browsing history.

And if you're going to have a poll on the front page, don't make it anything tedious like 'Are you season ticket holder?', you need important burning questions of the day like 'Does a black shirt go with dark jeans?' or 'Susanna Reid - would you...?'

Sheesh.

On Firefox you can disable plug-ins , this will be a default setting on a future version but you can configure it on FF15 and FF16. Does away with all the annoying videos that play straight away because you are in control and can click to activate the plug-in if you want to.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I know - and it just comes up with -

"Error
The page you are trying to reach may have expired, or been moved. If you have followed a link from your bookmarks, please relocate the page and remember to update your bookmarks."

- because i cant see the new website. Have cleared my cache too and still nothing.

Oh, right, sorry, what a load of faeces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports