Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official*** Brighton and Hove Albion Website.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Here’s a thought (just a thought, based on my own imagination).

www.seagulls.co.uk is one of the most popular/visited sites in the FLinteractive stable. Most of the other clubs have had their sites ‘upgraded’ weeks or even a couple of months ago so that SapientNitro* could assess it before rolling it out to the big guns. Now they have rolled it out with us, they’ve seen the feedback, and are desperately trying to backtrack and/or iron it out a bit, hence we are back on the old site for now.

*SapientNitro are the company that won the FLinteractive contract recently and are responsible for these appalling sites. They’re an American firm, so I am sure they have plenty of experience in British football websites**.

**Sarcasm

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A complete and utter failure. Mobile version still not working this morning, just last game and unable to access any news just goes back to home page. The full version doesn't even load at work, so I am now in a wilderness of no official webpage.

So if not fixed quickly, how do you get Wolves tickets when they go on sale, or even more to the point even know when they are on sale.

Same as always - go directly to the ticketing site, which is not part of the main site - http://www.seagulls.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/Home/home.aspx

(5pm today)

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Tried it from the office today. "Gateway timeout
server error
Server 46.137.170.253 is unreachable blah blah"

Dismal failure.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
SapientNitros press release when they won the contract

SapientNitro, part of Sapient (NASDAQ: SAPE),
announced today that Football League Interactive (FLi) has signed a multi-million pound deal with integrated marketing and technology services firm SapientNitro to build the next generation digital platform for its member clubs.

With 86 club websites (65 Football League, 9 Premier League and 12 non-league), FLi is the largest global football network, attracting in more than six million unique users to its websites each month.

FLi delivers a wide range of products providing fans with the latest news through a variety of devices including the iPhone app, the soon-to-be-launched Android app and mobile internet sites, as well as providing excellent fan engagement opportunities for partners.

The new state-of-the-art digital platform, to be delivered by SapientNitro in the lead up to the 2012/13 season, will be optimised for speed and based on SDL Tridion, a Forrester Wave leading Web Content Management System.

Designed for multi-platform use, the new service will further offer greater individuality for clubs and provide enhanced sponsorship opportunities.
SapientNitro, who will deliver innovation and support to clubs throughout the FLi network, secured the contract after an extremely competitive procurement process consisting of over 25 high quality delivery partners.
Perform Group will continue to provide video and audio services including the highly successful Club Player subscription product which has over 80,000 global subscribers.

Ian Ritchie, Chairman of FLi said: “FLi is proud to be at the vanguard of digital development providing the very best products for the millions of football fans in our network. We are extremely excited about working with SapientNitro who will provide the necessary means for us to continue pushing the boundaries of our range of digital platforms.”
Peter Ford, Vice President at SapientNitro, said: “Football fans are united by a passion for the game, but divided by their fierce club loyalties. Our work for FLi will reflect this truth, with a best-in-class shared digital platform for clients, but a club website experience that is as passionate and as tribal as the fans that use it.”

Media Contact:
Gaynor Armit
SapientNitro
+44 (0) 20 7953 3579
gaynor.armit@sapientnitro.com
Craig Smith
Persuasion Communications
+44 (0) 203 058 1088
+44 (0) 7554 000 820
craig@persuasioncomms.com
Sapient
Eden House
8 Spital Square
London, E1 6DU
UK
tel: +

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I also see on other 'new' sites that they have advertising videos that start playing automatically, that rules the sites out for some peoples work computers, well, it will mine when I'm in the office. What a load of utter gash.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just tried logging in from work. Got the big picture of Molineux, and then my fan started to speed up and up and up, until everything locked and I had to kill the browser session.

Bearing in mind my line of business (Software Testing) who in earth passed this for deployment?

It fails UAT from a look & feel and usability perspective
It fails any browser compatibility testing, as it doesn't appear to work on most browsers available
I'm not sure how it fares functionally, as it never works!

It's the sort of mess that would get someone fired in the industry I work in.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I also see on other 'new' sites that they have advertising videos that start playing automatically, that rules the sites out for some peoples work computers, well, it will mine when I'm in the office. What a load of utter gash.

The Argus website have been doing this for a while now. Blooming annoying.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Just tried logging in from work. Got the big picture of Molineux, and then my fan started to speed up and up and up, until everything locked and I had to kill the browser session.

Bearing in mind my line of business (Software Testing) who in earth passed this for deployment?

It fails UAT from a look & feel and usability perspective
It fails any browser compatibility testing, as it doesn't appear to work on most browsers available
I'm not sure how it fares functionally, as it never works!

It's the sort of mess that would get someone fired in the industry I work in.

Quite, I've run it up in IE, FF, Chrome & Safari, it has crashed them all. Now in FF it is showing me the old site, but all the links are dead. I've cleared cache and shift/reloaded. Farce.

The Argus website has long been a nono for me at work, well, to be fair, it's long been a nono for me regardless. This FLinteractive SapientNitro thing is just a massive farce.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Cleared all history and cache but still get the old site and when I try to look at news I get this

Sorry, the page you are trying to reach may have expired, or been moved.
If you have followed a link from your bookmarks, please relocate the page and remember to update your booksmarks (their spelling not mine!).

This - tried 3 different laptops/PCs now - All the same.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What an abortion. I cant even get the homepage to load on my work laptop, the whole thing just locks up. What does load looks awful.

Time for the club to go it alone surely? How long are we contracted into this rubbish?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Like The Argus site does?

That has to be the very worst way to treat visitors to a site.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It would be interesting to hear from the Football League In(ter?)active person who actually reviewed this exciting new product, and then signed it off as fit for purpose.

Maybe as a guest on the Albion Roar?

It would be good to hear from anyone! WTF is the club doing about telling its customers what's going on?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Having delved a little deeper, it would seem even they can't decide. The Middlesbrough site for example is running on a completely different platform/system/html source to the others (ours, CPFC/Millwall etc), even though they are still part of the FLInteractive/SapientNitro/Perform-Sports-Media stable. It is just a 100% disaster. It's about time the club made some sort of a statement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here