Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Brentford thread

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
there were a few situations developing like that. LIke under the stand at half time where there was the confrontation with the steward.

Too much drink and testosterone! though I got the distinct impression the steward in question was being a twat, in fairness.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Absolute shocker of a game. Only thing that made me smile all night was when some bloke a few rows back shouted "Ref, you're a f*cking chisla"

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
oh I know, that was just one of a number of incidents.

I also saw several Albion fans having a go at others, mainly for crimes such as "not taking the defeat seriously enough" and "singing in the face of losing 4-0".

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
What incensed me was that Booker sat on his ass for the whole game. Not once was he off the bench to encourage or shout at the players. That is not a manager in my book.
We need a new man now, asap please.
Dire performance almost on par with Palace last year.

I dont agree with the above, I think mocking our own team is not the way forward. Think how the players must have felt hearing their own fans singing ' shall we score a goal for you'.

It may be laugh to the fans that were pissed up and singing it but players will be down enough after a result like that so there is no need to kick em when there down.

The bloke who was big enough to say something was right. Its not about having a sense of 'humour', I can laugh about it after the game, but I will not direct insults and piss takes at the players, remember most of these boys won US the championship two seasons ago, how easy we forget.

Anyway - rant over...

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Booker???

To all those people wanting Bob in as our new Manager....

PLEASE TAKE NOTE, HE IS A GOOD NO2, KEEP HIM THAT WAY!!!

TIGANA IN ASAP!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Rambo said:
What incensed me was that Booker sat on his ass for the whole game. Not once was he off the bench to encourage or shout at the players.

you were looking the wrong way then cos I certainly saw him in the 2nd half pointing stuff out and standing in front of the advert' hoarding.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rambo said:
I dont agree with the above, I think mocking our own team is not the way forward. Think how the players must have felt hearing their own fans singing ' shall we score a goal for you'.

It may be laugh to the fans that were pissed up and singing it but players will be down enough after a result like that so there is no need to kick em when there down.

The bloke who was big enough to say something was right. Its not about having a sense of 'humour', I can laugh about it after the game, but I will not direct insults and piss takes at the players, remember most of these boys won US the championship two seasons ago, how easy we forget.

Anyway - rant over...

I take your point, but the guy complaining was standing there shouting "Jones you c**t", "Mayo you're f***ing s**t" etc for most of the game anyway. And "Cullip, sort this f*****g s**t out". He was more pissed than most, and certainly not appreciative of the championship winning players.

From a player's point of view, is that not worse? I just think sometimes you have to accept it's gone tits up, put it down to experience and concentrate on the next game.

Which we are going to win, I am confident!

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
edna krabappel said:
I take your point, but the guy complaining was standing there shouting "Jones you c**t", "Mayo you're f***ing s**t" etc for most of the game anyway. And "Cullip, sort this f*****g s**t out". He was more pissed than most, and certainly not appreciative of the championship winning players.

From a player's point of view, is that not worse? I just think sometimes you have to accept it's gone tits up, put it down to experience and concentrate on the next game.

Which we are going to win, I am confident!

I also agree that hurling abuse at players such as above is not acceptable, yes sometimes you do have to just accept that we were shit and move on, but not by singing ' can we score a goal for you', it just make the players feel worse. They hurt as much as we do after a loss like that. We must get behind the team on Saturday for a home win, which as you say, Iam sure will come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here