[Football] ****Official 2022 AFCON thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sudan v Guinea-Bissau up next. Should be an absolute belter.
Sudan have scored zero goals in their last 5 matches. Guinea-Bissau have scored zero goals in their last 4 matches.

Their last H2H finished 0-0.
Rush goalies to become compulsory? That might fix it ...............................

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This tournament should be fun.
And it kind of is, off the pitch.
The football is terrible though.
Why is that?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sudan v Guinea-Bissau up next. Should be an absolute belter.
Sudan have scored zero goals in their last 5 matches. Guinea-Bissau have scored zero goals in their last 4 matches.

Their last H2H finished 0-0.

And this one finished nothing each! :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Another thought from Ella's game for Gabon - their opponents. Who the heck are Comoros? - I've never heard of them. Where is Comoros? Did it use to be called something else, has it recently been invented, or what?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Another thought from Ella's game for Gabon - their opponents. Who the heck are Comoros? - I've never heard of them. Where is Comoros? Did it use to be called something else, has it recently been invented, or what?

Its a group of islands.. used to be French for a long while and a few years ago started to dual citizenship Comorians over in France so they have a pretty good team now with pretty much all of their players playing in Europe.

Why is that?

AFCON is rarely entertaining on the pitch, lots of players come from Europe and are used to top class pitches, players arrive later to the tournament and get less practice together so the teams are not very coherent... usually improves as the tournament goes on though.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Why is that?

It’s weird. I remember watching it growing up and there always being tonnes of goals and loads of tricks and flicks. It was probably the most exciting contest too me. Not sure how it’s fallen this far.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can't believe Bissouma has gone all that way to sit on the bench. Really peeved about this, he should have stayed in Brighton.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I hope this is because Magassouba thinks that the guys who took them to the tournament deserves to start in this first match rather than him seeking some "revenge" against Biss (who called him out in August), because if he is going to rot on the bench for the entire tournament he could have just stayed in Brighton.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Zero shots on target from either side in the first-half. At least Mali have managed 6 shots compared to 2 from Tunisia. Maybe bring Biss on at half-time to boost the shots off target count?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports