Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Biss comming home Mali out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am disappointed for him. Why was he subbed on 70 mins with strong possibility of extra time?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Happy for Equatorial Guinea.. neutral for Biss. Apparently the players are sleeping six players per room in hotel rooms with barely any air condition. It'll probably be nice for him to come home.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Glad Biss is out of this Mickey Mouse tournament! Should never have gone!

There's nothing better than representing your country in a major tournament.

Just remember how we felt when Dunk was capped, then White made the Euro squad.

I'm proud that Albion have players representing many countries, not just the European ones.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I'm proud that Albion have players representing many countries, not just the European ones.

Exactly. What a ridiculous, patronising comment that was.

A pity that Mali's finishing was so poor - they should have been out of sight in that game. Must be a familiar feeling for Biss.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Good for you! I would prefer he hadn’t had to go to Africa to play in a tin pot tournament risking injury, in the middle of our season.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Good for you! I would prefer he hadn’t had to go to Africa to play in a tin pot tournament risking injury, in the middle of our season.

You do realise that the club were fully aware of his nationality and the timing of AFCON when they decided to sign him?

It's Africa's equivalent of the Euros. It's a big honour to play in it for your country, especially when you're one of the biggest names.

Yes, it'll be good to have him back, but it's not as if we've been playing badly and losing without him.

By your reasoning, we shouldn't want any of our players representing their national sides with the chance of injury.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Please may I take this opportunity to shamelessly placedrop and say that I’ve been to Equatorial Guinea three times? Three.

Didn’t see a single football on each occasion, although they were building the national stadium the last time I was out there. Seems their national side has got a bit of a shake on since then.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You do realise that the club were fully aware of his nationality and the timing of AFCON when they decided to sign him?

It's Africa's equivalent of the Euros. It's a big honour to play in it for your country, especially when you're one of the biggest names.

Yes, it'll be good to have him back, but it's not as if we've been playing badly and losing without him.

By your reasoning, we shouldn't want any of our players representing their national sides with the chance of injury.

Whilst not condoning Tottonseagull's tinpot comments, this tournament was originally scheduled to be played last year during our closed season so, yes the club did of course know of YB's nationality but the time of the tournament changed. That said, please that the comments from the club seemed to suggest that he is there with our blessing unlike some other clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here