MoM? :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1412887163.188278.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1412887163.188278.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 210

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Rooney scores a penalty against san marino and gets ever closer to that top scorer position...

what a joke

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Rooney scores a penalty against san marino and gets ever closer to that top scorer position...

what a joke

What's the joke? Stats don't lie surely?

I really don't like the guy, but that's football.

I kinda hope a better person than Rooney beats the record but I think the reality is all but different

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Colin whatshisface did an interesting career analysis of all of the top England goalscorer stats on Talksport this afternoon. Took into account goals per game, WC goals, 'easy' goals against minnows etc. Rooney's record stands up to Charlton, Lineker and Greaves quite well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Colin whatshisface did an interesting career analysis of all of the top England goalscorer stats on Talksport this afternoon. Took into account goals per game, WC goals, 'easy' goals against minnows etc. Rooney's record stands up to Charlton, Lineker and Greaves quite well.

It probably does, but people just want to keep having a go at hm.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Not that its important, but on all the replays of the first goal it appeared to me that Cahill tripped the keeper. Was I seeing things? It looked blatent and obvious, but not one of the comentators or pundits mentioned it, even though they were looking at the same pictures. I'm questioning my own sanity.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Got far more goals in competitive matches than the others hasn't he?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Not that its important, but on all the replays of the first goal it appeared to me that Cahill tripped the keeper. Was I seeing things? It looked blatent and obvious, but not one of the comentators or pundits mentioned it, even though they were looking at the same pictures. I'm questioning my own sanity.

No, he tripped over his own player's foot.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I actually feel sorry for the England players in these type of games, no matter what they do wont be good enough.

Its a completely pointless game that UEFA should be trying to wipe out instead of trying to play more.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I actually feel sorry for the England players in these type of games, no matter what they do wont be good enough.

Its a completely pointless game that UEFA should be trying to wipe out instead of trying to play more.

Agree. No matter what the difference in talent between 2 sides, when you are faced with 11 defenders for 90 minutes, it is going to be difficult to get through. I don't really care that we "only" scored 5. We won the game, got 3 more qualification points, and the side came through unscathed. Job done.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Credit to Rooney for his 42 goals but we shouldn't confuse "who has the most goals" with "who was the best striker". It is a shame there isn't more footage of Greaves because he was some striker. Rooney probably has more of an all-round game but Greaves was very special and is the best English striker I've ever watched. The only British striker that comes anywhere near that standard is Ian Rush.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
What's the joke? Stats don't lie surely?

I really don't like the guy, but that's football.

I kinda hope a better person than Rooney beats the record but I think the reality is all but different

Greavesy has 2 more in 40 games less...use 'better' stats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here