Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OFFIAL THREAD**FC United of Manchester v Brighton and Hove Albion** FC FA cup replay

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Steve Cotterill must be very confused by all this "football" stuff going on. I don't think he was aware you were allowed to pass the ball on the ground.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
They said it was -6 just before ko. Now showing -2. It won't get abandoned now. I'm still a bit surprised it went ahead in the first place. Dare I say No ESPN there, no game tonight ?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
If you would have bothered to attend the game at the Withdean, you would know that they created a great atmosphere, and I think everyone there respected that, end of. And where have you been, living in a shoe? Football Club United of Manchester supported by Manchester United fans shock!!!

Welcome to NSC Terry Christian.

All if the above is irrelevant to my point. Never mind.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Very good. Someone living 260 miles from Manchester doesn't hate Manchester United and that makes them Terry Christian. Brilliant. I wasn't even aware you'd made a point, I was just commenting on you stating the obvious!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very good. Someone living 260 miles from Manchester doesn't hate Manchester United and that makes them Terry Christian. Brilliant. I wasn't even aware you'd made a point, I was just commenting on you stating the obvious!

Can you confirm whether you are or are not Terry Christian ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nicky Platt: sounds like a character from Coronation Street.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Am I right that if the game is called off after 70 minuetes the result stands

Not that I've bee able to uncover.

According to the laws of the game:
Abandoned match
An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules provide otherwise.

According to: TheFA.com - Rules

c.First Matches which are Postponed or Abandoned

i.When a first match has been postponed, or is abandoned before the completion of 90 minutes and neither Club being at fault, it shall be played on the same ground:

in the Qualifying Competition - on or before the following Thursday;

in the Competition Proper - on the second Wednesday following the original match or earlier if mutually agreed by the two Clubs and the consent of The Council obtained.

ii.If extra time has not been commenced or a match has been abandoned during extra time and neither Club being at fault, the result at 90 minutes will stand and the match shall be replayed on the ground of the Club second drawn:

in the Qualifying Competition - on or before the following Thursday;

in the Competition Proper - on the second Wednesday following the original match or earlier if mutually agreed by the two Clubs and the consent of the Council obtained.

iii.If the match be drawn or again postponed or abandoned it shall be played as directed by the Council.

iv.Matches abandoned through the fault of the Clubs shall be dealt with by the Council.

d.Replays which are Postponed or Abandoned

i.When a replayed match has been postponed, or is abandoned before the completion of 90 minutes and neither Club being at fault, it shall be played on the same ground:

in the Qualifying Competition - on or before the following Monday;

in the Competition Proper - as directed by the Council.

ii.When a replayed match has been abandoned at any stage after the completion of 90 minutes and neither Club being at fault, the match shall be further replayed. A coin shall be tossed, and the Club winning the toss of the coin shall have the choice of venue. The coin will be tossed by a Club Official in the presence of an Official of the other Club at the first suitable moment after the abandonment. The match shall be played as directed by the Council.

iii.Matches abandoned through the fault of the Clubs shall be dealt with by the Council.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here