Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OFFIAL THREAD**FC United of Manchester v Brighton and Hove Albion** FC FA cup replay

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
Couldn't agree more - the Argentina chant really does my bonce in for any number of reasons.
EDIT - OK so it might be Margentina but it is obviously intended to sound like the original Manc tune....either way.....annoying

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It actually Margentina in honour of their manager. Agree about Cantona though.

Didn't know that. Mind you, their big brothers down the road chant it in homage to Heinze and to show their lack of respect for the national team. Hateful *****.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Adolf Roca looks like their biggest threat.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Interesting what they were saying that FC United's style of play not fitting the league they are in.

They really are quite a decent side when allowed to play.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't see the problem either. If either of our Argentinians actually turned out to be any good, I'd quite happily sing "Argentina" for them, in the absence of any other songs.

We've had footballing issues with plenty of countries before, I don't see why Argentina is any more of an issue.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I don't see the problem. I am sure we have chanted about Uruguay and had Uruguayan flags before?

There's a massive difference when they started signing it the first game of the 98/99 season when they had just knocked us out of the World Cup. No other club did it.

I'm not buying into the FCUM love-in I'm afraid BOF. They are Manchester United fans, end of. Some of the bell ends there tonight are even wearing the green and gold :facepalm:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oooh, a United player waving an imaginary yellow card, I bloody HATE that. I thought that was a yellow card offence in itself these days?

Jimmy Grimble

The type of people who would sing that Argentina song are the type of people who sit in H block at Withdean.

That alone is reason enough for it to be a shit song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here