Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OFFIAL THREAD**FC United of Manchester v Brighton and Hove Albion** FC FA cup replay

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mind you, if they're not allowed to play, then Steve Cotterill's whining about not having enough players :cry: will be audible across three continents.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That's alright then.

No injuries hopefully, and a decent 'pipe opener' ahead of the 'Udders match. Looking forward to the weekend now.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Comfortable victory, Bennett,Sparrow, Calderon and Painter all played well. Sandaza showed in glimpses, bit concearned about Greer though and Murray was shit

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How honest is FC United's manager? An opposition manager asking the TV guys if it was a penalty and then saying "harsh" and that he'd have been annoyed if it was given against them. Fair play to the bloke, I've thought that after both games. Very dignified.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How honest is FC United's manager? An opposition manager asking the TV guys if it was a penalty and then saying "harsh" and that he'd have been annoyed if it was given against them. Fair play to the bloke, I've thought that after both games. Very dignified.
Agreed.

The Woking manager was similar as well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
By the way, this is what one Pompey fan thinks of the tie (forgive the poor grammar, he is from Hampshire):

who gives two hoots about that fa cup game. we dont need an fa cup game against some shitty little minnows who think now they are getting a new stadia theyre a big club. shit support, no trophies.

we need to concentrate on the league.

Funny how the FA Cup was a lot more important to them when they were illegally defrauding their way to two finals?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009

Very much so. Good all round bloke

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Comfortable victory, Bennett,Sparrow, Calderon and Painter all played well. Sandaza showed in glimpses, bit concearned about Greer though and Murray was shit

what game were you watching?
Murray admittedly faded in the second half ,
but he was class in the first
a great team performance all round
gets us in the 3rd rd and will help in the build up for the Hudersfield trip
well done Brighton!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Yes, great fans, and the club has won me over. I was taking the "fake Manchester United line before, but their fans were superb over both games, so fair play to them for what they have done. Quality showed out tonight, though. I wouldn't mind signing that Number 7 though. I think Gus could make him into an excellent player.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
By the way, this is what one Pompey fan thinks of the tie (forgive the poor grammar, he is from Hampshire):

who gives two hoots about that fa cup game. we dont need an fa cup game against some shitty little minnows who think now they are getting a new stadia theyre a big club. shit support, no trophies.

we need to concentrate on the league.

Funny how the FA Cup was a lot more important to them when they were illegally defrauding their way to two finals?

Oh. My. God.

The FA Cup is pretty much all they have to show for their ludicrous spell in the top flight (at the cost of local charities, businesses and the tax payer) and gave them a night or two in Europe.

Where was that, Edna?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes, great fans, and the club has won me over. I was taking the "fake Manchester United line before, but their fans were superb over both games, so fair play to them for what they have done. Quality showed out tonight, though. I wouldn't mind signing that Number 7 though. I think Gus could make him into an excellent player.

I googled him after the first game. Seems he failed at league level twice, but you never know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Roca_%28footballer%29

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh. My. God.

The FA Cup is pretty much all they have to show for their ludicrous spell in the top flight (at the cost of local charities, businesses and the tax payer) and gave them a night or two in Europe.

Where was that, Edna?

I think it was on Fratton Faithful.

Mind you, even by the standards of most Pompey fans, his posts do make him out to be somewhat special. To be fair, there's no other similar rants on there. Yet. I expect they're still glued to the Big Games that only teams of their quality play in....oh.

Any chance of banning John Westwood from getting a ticket? Just for a laugh, like? :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good professional performance from Seagulls it was like a training session and just a matter of when and how many we would score, but full credit to them for them trying, their support and their manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here