Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** off Oscar

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
I'm not advocating the dismissal of Garcia, as he should be given a whole pre-season/season to prove himself. If Bloom does push the panic button i'd look no further than Dennis Bergkamp.

What managerial credentials does he have!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The point is we are NOT a little club anymore almost every week the largest attendance in the Championship also beating a fair few in the Prem too.
A great training facility being built that rivals most in the Prem again !
We will never forget our struggle and fight to get where we are, but it's time to raise our expectations beyond " little club " status and start thinking bigger and better IMHO.:D

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We dominate games, we create loads of chances, we have more possession, we play a Barca like style of football, we keep hitting the crossbar blablablabla!

YES BUT WE CANT SCORE A BLOODY GOAL WHICH IS THE MAIN THING! This all means nothing if we can't win games doesn't it? Christ some of you are so deluded.
Afraid to say Bruno has been making a few too many mistakes recently as well, I'm not saying get rid of him, just PULL YA FINGER OUT BRUNO! Ulloa and sick note may be our top goal scorers but they are still terrible.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
People need a reality check we are Brighton a little club on the up punching above our weight and once you have followed this great club for more than a couple of seasons you will get use to the ups and downs and as I told my nephew last season to enjoy as he won't see us finish this high in the league for a while again. I predicted we would be lucky to finish 10th so for me I am happy just remember how Watford fans must be feeling!
Little club? Is that a wind up? We have the best stadium in the division. Our average gate is one or two thousand above the next nearest team.

I think you could call us a lot of things, but a "little club on the up punching above our weight". I think you need a reality check mate, and yes I was at Hereford, I went to Gillingham, I know where we came from. I'd have called us a "sleeping giant" in those dark years. We are certainly not a little club by any stretch of the imagination!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Been a big supporter in the past. However now is the time to bring back Wilkins

Clueless ****!

So bhafc4eva, How's the head today? :smile:

:drink::drink::drink::drink::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No I mean it makes sense that the Idiot is talking about Wendy's in the first place

Idiot? I'd be more than happy to see who's the idiot ... perhaps you could devise the test?

Referring to us as a little club is absurd. Keep looking back if you must but in today's world we are as big as, if not bigger, than the majority of Championship teams. You keep your historic glasses focussed on Withdean and Gillingham and then you won't be disappointed

Little club? Is that a wind up? We have the best stadium in the division. Our average gate is one or two thousand above the next nearest team.

I think you could call us a lot of things, but a "little club on the up punching above our weight". I think you need a reality check mate, and yes I was at Hereford, I went to Gillingham, I know where we came from. I'd have called us a "sleeping giant" in those dark years. We are certainly not a little club by any stretch of the imagination!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
What managerial credentials does he have!

He's been working alongside De Boer at Ajax for several years. Everyone knows how astute/skillful he was as a player. It would be a punt, i'm not saying it wouldn't be. If he rocks up at the Amex one day to shake Bloom's hand i'll be over the moon. Garcia deserves more time though.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
The problem is we are not little Brighton anymore the expectations have been raised with all the investment, the crappy PL ready talk and the "branding" of the club supporters now expect the improvement on the pitch to match that - Pandora's box is not so easy to close once opened .

Spot on. We keep saying how our attendance is bigger that Leeds, Sheff Wed, our friends up the road and all, and how magnificent the stadium is, but the moment the expectation is transferred to the field, some people go back to the small club mentality.

I am immensely proud of what the supporters achieved between 1995 and 2011 and was glad that I had the chance to be involved. In some ways, I preferred the cosy little club we had at Withdean to the protean corporate giant now. But that is where we are. The margins for error on this scale are, actually, smaller. We need to kick on and make the top flight if the infrastructure is to be maintained.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Spot on. We keep saying how our attendance is bigger that Leeds, Sheff Wed, our friends up the road and all, and how magnificent the stadium is, but the moment the expectation is transferred to the field, some people go back to the small club mentality.

I am immensely proud of what the supporters achieved between 1995 and 2011 and was glad that I had the chance to be involved. In some ways, I preferred the cosy little club we had at Withdean to the protean corporate giant now. But that is where we are. The margins for error on this scale are, actually, smaller. We need to kick on and make the top flight if the infrastructure is to be maintained.
That is the whole point. We have a wonderful BIG stadium, biggest crowds, all go buy food and merchandise, and now have a superb training ground. Apart from the playing side we are pl ready. Unfortunately the playing side seems second rate to me, and certainly not pl ready. I think losing tues evening will effectively end the season and then I hope some thought is given to what must happen ON the field if we are to start AChieving. I would start with the role Burke has, the obvious impact of OG and NJ and make appropriate changes so we have a solid progressive summer rather than the shambles of last year.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
That is the whole point. We have a wonderful BIG stadium, biggest crowds, all go buy food and merchandise, and now have a superb training ground. Apart from the playing side we are pl ready. Unfortunately the playing side seems second rate to me, and certainly not pl ready. I think losing tues evening will effectively end the season and then I hope some thought is given to what must happen ON the field if we are to start AChieving. I would start with the role Burke has, the obvious impact of OG and NJ and make appropriate changes so we have a solid progressive summer rather than the shambles of last year.

We are PLR unfortunately it's Persistantly Losing Regularly.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Believing that the club should be sustainable financially is not a 'small club' mentality. It's a sensible club mentality. The revenue generated by a big stadium and big crowds is a drop in the ocean compared to the money lavished on teams which have parachute payments to spend or owners hoping to ride roughshod over the FFP rules. When you put those factors into the equation and accept that money talks, it provides a sense of perspective that means some fans accept we're actually doing pretty well in our 3rd year in the Championship.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Believing that the club should be sustainable financially is not a 'small club' mentality. It's a sensible club mentality. The revenue generated by a big stadium and big crowds is a drop in the ocean compared to the money lavished on teams which have parachute payments to spend or owners hoping to ride roughshod over the FFP rules. When you put those factors into the equation and accept that money talks, it provides a sense of perspective that means some fans accept we're actually doing pretty well in our 3rd year in the Championship.

Problem is a lot of those fans have only known the last three years....first year they would have been happy with the new stadium ...teams they haven't seen play...last year we got to the play offs....and then we have this year which unless we snap back into winning and scoring goals, could see us slide to below mid table and for them it won;t be doing pretty well

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Problem is a lot of those fans have only known the last three years....first year they would have been happy with the new stadium ...teams they haven't seen play...last year we got to the play offs....and then we have this year which unless we snap back into winning and scoring goals, could see us slide to below mid table and for them it won;t be doing pretty well

Very true. Personally, if their reaction to that is to boo at half-time when the scores are level, I'd rather they went to watch Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here