Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Of all the excuses for their abject HUMILIATION...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Oh Nigels..

7Hm.gif

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cow field??? Sorry ......... Cow field??? Only deluded cock that thinks a bit of rain made us win could think we have cow field for a pitch. Still when you have the state of the art Selhurst to go to every game I guess the Amex is a bit of a dump! :whistle:

Has anyone told the FA how bad the pitch is for the England U21's game next week at The Amex ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is the incident they are complaining about - did Leo lead with the elbow? Looks a possible combination of elbow and head. Good job he didn't get sent off! (btw, doesn't our stadium look fantastic in that vid?!)

Nice to see Spanish Len "taking out the trash" :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ulloa hasn't been with us long enough to memorise all the divets.
Is that what the training sessions are for? White boards with crosses to mark the divets, and all day pitch inspections. Maybe each player becomes an expert on their section of the pitch.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No but it could (and I would disagree) be interpreted as dangerous. Seen them given.

The intent has nothing to with it under the laws of the game.

But elbow ? Rubbish.

I can't recall a single incident of a player being given a yellow card for going for the ball with his head! From where we were sitting in the West, it seemed clear that Ulloa ws going for the ball. Problem was that Murray got there first and Ulloa headed Murrays head!!!!!

The divide amongst Palace fans is quite interesting. Between them, there is clearly hatred for Brighton, Millwall and Charlton. It is all a bit mixed up, with different generations and even members of the same families hating different opposition for different reasons.
Some older Palace fans feel that the traditional rivalry with Millwall going back to the year dot was usurped by spotty youths in the 70's looking for something a bit more glamorous ( and safer! ) than Peckham, New Cross and Bermondsey. They feel the Brighton rivalry is artificial. Millwall and Charlton are closer and are proper London rivals. Some Palace fans are still so resentful of the ground sharing years with Charlton that their hatred for them is overpowering.
Brighton is over 40 miles away and there is even another league club between the two. This must be unique in rivalries. Ipswich and Norwich are 40 ish miles apart but there is no-one in between. So, now the situation gets even more complicated with Crawley. For years, they have been in a benign state of neutrality, fighting for support between Brighton and London. Now they are establishing themselves as a decent league team, will they retain their neutrality?
There are neutral clubs dotted around the country. Carlisle ( for obvious reasons ! ) Bournemouth ( although, they hate Soton...who don't take a blind bit of notice and turn their eyes 18 miles east ) Colchester ( Ipswich are too busy with the Suffolk / Norfolk thing ) Yeovil, Shrewsbury, Wycombe etc
The Palace scenario reminds me of the Reading, Swindon, Oxford situation. You talk to followers of those clubs and you end up with a headache trying to work out the real rivalries. Some Swindon fans even hate Bristol City!
So in essence our rivalry with Palace is diluted. There are too many Palace fans with hatred for Millwall and Charlton. They can't make their minds up who to hate the most.
I've always felt our rivalry was on pretty flimsy ground. Brighton are a neutral club and should be comfortable with that. The fans didn't need to go looking for something that didn't exist but they did and now we are stuck with it. It doesn't seem to make sense perpetuating a rivalry, when there is even another league club inbetween.
I'm sure a lot of Palace fans want to distance themselves from Brighton but have mates who are so passionate and vitriolic about Brighton that they feel duty bound to keep the rivalry going.
On Sunday, I didn't feel any greater sense of satisfaction beating Palace than I did when we beat Southampton last season. Both results set the record straight and evened out bragging rights. We all get wrapped up in the hype of a Palace v Brighton game but eventually we all have to be true to ourselves and be honest if we don't get it.
A lot of fans can't see beyond Brighton/Palace. They were brought up with it and know no different. It adds a bit of spice. But it isn't natural and is now complicated by Crawley. After years as the only Sussex league club, we now have two. Surely now, over the coming years, this is the rivalry that is going to grow and Palace will gradually diminish. What happens if Palace move out of Selhurst and end up even closer to Millwall and Charlton?
We don't have the split that Palace have. As far as our fans are concerned it is only Palace at the moment. It is the splits within Palace that will eventually lead to the dilution and dissipation of the Brighton rivalry, particularly if we go longer periods not playing each other.

Have to agree with others that this is absolute tripe. To suggest that there should be no rivalry just because some mickey mouse outfit in between the two has managed to get a bit of funding and get themselves into a league spot is ludicrous. Did Utd stop hating Liverpool just because Wigan got into the league? As for diluting the rivalry, we've hardly played them over the last 20 years yet still the games attract the most attention and hurt the most when we lose. I started supporting the Albion in 1975/76 and at that time the rivalry seemed reasonably intense but it was probably the 2nd cup replay that really accellerated it.

His elbow hits Murray's arm, it's the heads that clash. Ulloa is going for the ball, but Murray got the ball, so I think a yellow for Ulloa would have been fair enough.

Why, hardly reckless or are we suggesting you should't try and head the ball if someone else is going for it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why, hardly reckless or are we suggesting you should't try and head the ball if someone else is going for it?
No it wasn't reckless, it was just miss-timed/late. It doesn't have to be reckless for a yellow does it? That's just what I thought, I can accept if I'm wrong.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
...eventually lead to the dilution and dissipation of the Brighton rivalry, particularly if we go longer periods not playing each other.

Didn't seem to make a blind bit of difference over the more than a decade we spent struggling down among the wines and spirits in League Two. It had to be put on hold for a bit as we were so far apart in footballing terms, but as soon as we were back in the same division, it was like the rivalry hadn't gone anywhere or changed a jot.

For me, it's a rivalry that came about naturally, as a result of real antipathy on and off the pitch. It hasn't required any media hype (far from in, in fact - the media seem completely nonplussed by it) or artifice to become what it is. I work with a Millwall fan whose enmity for them is quite genuine, but their real hatred is reserved for West Ham. Similarly, Charlton seem to make do with too many 'rivals' for any one of them to be as fiercely felt as our is - though it's also true to say that, like all civilised people, they really don't like Palace. There's a difference between really not liking somebody and the mutual loathing that we've got, though. I can't understand Mo's comment about the Southampton game - there was a bit of added spice because of recent history with Adkins and promotion, etc, but ultimately that's just a near-ish neighbour whose real ire is reserved for Pompey. And Bournemouth? Do me a favour...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here