Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They will. Come back on Monday.

Deals will be below £10m and could look like this:

Edouard to Arsenal or Brighton (if Nunez falls through)
Nketiah to Palace

TBH I'd prefer Edouard to Palace and Nketiah to Brighton - young, hard-working and promising, with apparantly a good attitude (Edouard may not be all of these things!) All things considered though, I'd be happy if we just got Cucurella over te line.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From Sky Sports:

RUBIN BID €18M FOR EDOUARD

Rubin Kazan have made an €18m offer for Celtic forward Odsonne Edouard.

The Russians are proposing to pay the fee in three installments of €10m, €4m and €4m over 12 months.

Bordeaux are also willing to pay €18m for the player.

Hallelujah! Go Rubin Kazan!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
From Sky Sports:

The Russians are proposing to pay the fee in three installments of €10m, €4m and €4m over 12 months.

The Daily Record really really don’t like that news! They have a different narrative obviously and they are sticking to it!

“Eddy to Bordeaux unlikely

Bordeuax are unlikely to be able to raise the finances to sign Odsonne Edouard depsite interest in the Celtic striker.

Their top marksmen Hwang Ui-jo has been in talks with Marseille but even an £8m deal will unlikely be enough to boost their kitty to land the Parkhead star.

Things are in the balance for Edouard - Rubin Kazan have also been linked but there remains a very real possibility he stays with Celtic for the season before exploring his options as a free agent next summmer.

Edouard is admired by the likes of Brighton, Arsenal and he has interest from a host of teams in Serie A.” Record

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Daily Record really really don’t like that news! They have a different narrative obviously and they are sticking to it!

Bordeuax are unlikely to be able to raise the finances to sign Odsonne Edouard depsite interest in the Celtic striker.

Their top marksmen Hwang Ui-jo has been in talks with Marseille but even an £8m deal will unlikely be enough to boost their kitty to land the Parkhead star.

Things are in the balance for Edouard - Rubin Kazan have also been linked but there remains a very real possibility he stays with Celtic for the season before exploring his options as a free agent next summmer.

Edouard is admired by the likes of Brighton, Arsenal and he has interest from a host of teams in Serie A.” Record
Blimey - his agent is writing articles for the Daily Record now? A 'host of Serie A teams' - really? They must be desperate - perhaps one of them would like Locadia for £100K (or nearish offer).

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

He could then go off to Southend next summer for free!

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
From Sky Sports:

Just for those wondering where on this planet Rubin Kazan is -

Screenshot 2021-08-27 at 14.51.04.png

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If they want him out so much why not just accept a single digit million pound offer. He’d be well worth a punt at £5-9 million. They clearly don’t want him and he clearly wants out. Nobody is going to pay £20 million now. That horse bolted a month ago.

Weren't there recent reports that Èdouard wants to be paid £85K per week?

I reckon that breaking our wage structure is a bigger issue than whether we pay a £10m or £20m transfer fee.
- Although all those figures will be undisclosed as usual.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I reckon that breaking our wage structure is a bigger issue than whether we pay a £10m or £20m transfer fee.

He doesn’t seem to have many options- we’d be paying him close to that even if we weren’t making him the highest earner. Weren’t we playing the likes of Ali J 40k?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He doesn’t seem to have many options- we’d be paying him close to that even if we weren’t making him the highest earner. Weren’t we playing the likes of Ali J 40k?

Celtic - and possibly Edouard himself (or at least his agent) - are possibly starting to realise that he isn't quite as valuable as they thought/hoped. The notion that loads of Serie A clubs are interested has got to be (desperate) agent speak!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I'd come for £80K a week, plus I'm out of contract and a free agent. Sounds like a win/win to me

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That’s us out then (if we were ever in). I’m in the camp that he’s what we need, and worried we have all our eggs in a Nunez shaped basket, but hey ho.

If the wage demand of 85k a week is true, I suggest we would have walked away after hearing it

Does sound like a desperate last ditch Palace signing though

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Based on 175 pages of uninformed flim flam (tiny compared to Callieri I know) I have decided Edouard is more interested in money than football and would lack the necessary commitment to be any more than another Locadia. On that basis, I don't care where he goes, but preferably not us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That’s us out then (if we were ever in). I’m in the camp that he’s what we need, and worried we have all our eggs in a Nunez shaped basket, but hey ho.

Real shame.

We don’t do auctions.

However, Edouard has to leave so Celtic might accept the £15m and let the player and agent pick the club. I suspect we might match that bid but we won’t be able to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Palace or Everton on salary so this one is dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here