Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Henrik Larsson was far too good for Brighton as well playing in Scotland. He only went on to play for Barcelona, winning a champions league winners medal and a successful loan spell at Man Utd. Also a prolific scorer for Sweden.
I think Edouard might be worth a punt.

We could also do a lot worse than getting his son Jordan in, who’s currently playing in Russia and is out scoring his xg. He’s also available for 15m and has been linked with Celtic.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He's scored a lot of goals against Hamilton Academical.

I'm not excited

This is the market we’re in. We’re not going to get a Giroud or Tammy Abraham.

Punts from lesser leagues. Lower epl. Players who’s stock is low. Unknown young gems who can’t get game time.

I think if £15m is true it’s a punt worth taking with huge upside if he ends up performing in the PL.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seems a bit far fetched to me. Not that Arsenal are any cop, but they'll offer more money than we do. Leicester are in Europe, albeit the crap trophy, will offer more money AND he's worked under Rodgers before.

I can totally understand us being interested. I'm not convinced he'll be interested in us, however.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A confusing thread, comments of he’s not good enough for the PL then in the next sentence he would choose either Leicester or Arsenal over us as they do think he’s good enough ??? Very odd.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A confusing thread, comments of he’s not good enough for the PL then in the next sentence he would choose either Leicester or Arsenal over us as they do think he’s good enough ??? Very odd.

Not unusual with SPL players. You just dont know until you try them elsewhere. 20 years ago English papers were writing that Henrik Larsson couldnt cut in the PL... difference is he had scored 53 goals that season. On the other hand, others were convinced that Gary Hooper would one day turn into a player for the English national team. Didnt quite materialise.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
£15-20m is similar money we would have to pay for a player with similar stats playing in the championship . Playing for Celtic is probably a slightly higher level than playing in the championship especially with his European games experience as well.

At this price I think it’s a gamble worth taking .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
£15-20m is similar money we would have to pay for a player with similar stats playing in the championship . Playing for Celtic is probably a slightly higher level than playing in the championship especially with his European games experience as well.

At this price I think it’s a gamble worth taking .

Agree

If we are knocking around this price range then it’s always going to be a bit of a punt . Banging them in British football and like you say Europe combined with impressive u21 french stats make it a punt that’s worth it .

Certainly the age we would go for .

This seems Better than a Dutch , Swiss , sweedish 20m punt

Problem looks to be that as it is slightly less of a punt then you are competing against other prem sides . Which means we are unlikely to be as attractive or pay as much unfortunately .

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Seems a bit far fetched to me. Not that Arsenal are any cop, but they'll offer more money than we do. Leicester are in Europe, albeit the crap trophy, will offer more money AND he's worked under Rodgers before.

I can totally understand us being interested. I'm not convinced he'll be interested in us, however.

In our favour is the likelihood of regular starts in the PL, which is an unlikely prospect were he to sign for Arsenal or Leicester.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Arsenal allegedly need to sell a forward before they buy. Playing previously for Rodgers may mean he knows him too well to sign him. Think Potter and McBurnie. This could still have legs for Albion.

el punal

Maybe not as far fetched as you think. The Albion are now perceived as a club “on the up” in many circles. This was definitely not the case in the recent past when we were considered relegation fodder. Maybe, just maybe, footballers are not the greedy b*****ds that we think they are and will go for recognition and glory with a smaller club rather than a big club’s big bucks and the subs bench. Wishful thinking I know, but here’s hoping.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Arsenal allegedly need to sell a forward before they buy. Playing previously for Rodgers may mean he knows him too well to sign him. Think Potter and McBurnie. This could still have legs for Albion.

Ian Nacho has been one of the EPL’s top strikers this year. Lots of bench warming for Oddy if he chooses to follow Rodgers.

He’d surely start for us alongside Welbeck & Tross if we swoop for him.

Stumpy Tim

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. If I was a striker wanting to make an impression in the Premier League, Brighton would be a club that would interest me. It's obvious in the game that we make a lot of chances, so it's a real opportunity to score goals in the Premier League

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here