Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Send him back. He looked like he shit himself when he got the ball on the break. He couldn't even kick the bloody ball when he got a chance.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Woeful. That's not knee jerk either! I've said this since his debut. Classic example of trying to turn an athlete into a footballer. I reckon if I were paid to play football as my job then my first touch and positional sense would be better than his. Spurs have mugged us off with this bloke big style.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Woeful. That's not knee jerk either! I've said this since his debut. Classic example of trying to turn an athlete into a footballer. I reckon if I were paid to play football as my job then my first touch and positional sense would be better than his. Spurs have mugged us off with this bloke big style.

All his goals must have been luck too, after all NSC has spoken.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
View attachment 51383View attachment 51383

Pointless bringing him on. Clueless and no pace but that's not his fault, he's just made that way. Whoever scouted him and took him (in desperation) as a loan player got it wrong.

He's that poor and out of his depth he looks like he could be another of those "players" that turn out to be a fake. Only he's getting chance after chance.

Ok, so now we're going to start Photoshopping insults at our own players now are we? Christ alive.

I thought he chased down their defence quite well. Yes he had a couple of poor touche and yes he looked off the pace. But people really need to chill the **** out. Do you think Oscar would even put him on the bench if he was that dreadful? We see a FRACTION of what a player can do. Oscar and Jonesy watch him all week in training. He must be showing some potential and I'm happy to trust the coaching staff and get behind him for the time being.

After a few months, if he's still consistently under performing, then we can start forming more concrete opinions, but until then can we just encourage the team for a change instead of desperately trying to find somebody we can all actively dislike?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Ulloa scores that header and it doesn't matter what Obika can and can't do.

If Barnes had failed to hit the target with such a chance, there would be 75 threads devoted to the subject already.

I'm not sure what Ulloa's miss has to do with Obika's ability whatsoever? Can you run that past me again?

Honestly, Obika is looking very poor for us. You can't compare him to Barnes who's clearly the better player.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
View attachment 51383View attachment 51383

Pointless bringing him on. Clueless and no pace but that's not his fault, he's just made that way. Whoever scouted him and took him (in desperation) as a loan player got it wrong.

He's that poor and out of his depth he looks like he could be another of those "players" that turn out to be a fake. Only he's getting chance after chance.
Yeah but that is CHICKsen...

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
If we got him in on the say so of Nathan Jones let's hope he never steps up as our manager. He really has been a waste of space since coming on Loan, but he does give us something different to the rest of the team. A 1 or 2 performance from the bench everytime he comes on.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Classic example of trying to turn an athlete into a footballer. .

If he was an athlete he wouldn't be that bad, he seemed to be dead on his feet within about three minutes of coming on. When we broke towards the end JFC ran the length of the pitch (after doing an impressive shift for 89 minutes) to try and get there, Obika was ambling along by the half way line.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ok, so now we're going to start Photoshopping insults at our own players now are we? Christ alive.

I thought he chased down their defence quite well. Yes he had a couple of poor touche and yes he looked off the pace. But people really need to chill the **** out. Do you think Oscar would even put him on the bench if he was that dreadful? We see a FRACTION of what a player can do. Oscar and Jonesy watch him all week in training. He must be showing some potential and I'm happy to trust the coaching staff and get behind him for the time being.

After a few months, if he's still consistently under performing, then we can start forming more concrete opinions, but until then can we just encourage the team for a change instead of desperately trying to find somebody we can all actively dislike?

Agreed. Not at all positive so far but give him a chance. How many minutes football has he had here exactly ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure what Ulloa's miss has to do with Obika's ability whatsoever? Can you run that past me again?

If ulloa scores that chance just before half time we're 2-0 up and the game is won. Obika coming on is more about resting ulloa after job done and wasting a bit of time and no one cares whether he scores or not.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Agreed. Not at all positive so far but give him a chance. How many minutes football has he had here exactly ?

That was his 9th game (only one start though). I had hoped he had done some work on being able to run with and without a football before joining us, i'm not sure that's the kind players should be learning during a high-level game

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
When we were 1 up, we had a great chance to break, Obika had the ball and kept it, ran with it a bit STILL NO ONE within 40 yards of him. I thought he wasn't exactly helped in link up until they scored and THEN we got people up in support. I still have not seen enough of him to make an EDUCATED decision.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
If ulloa scores that chance just before half time we're 2-0 up and the game is won. Obika coming on is more about resting ulloa after job done and wasting a bit of time and no one cares whether he scores or not.

I wish we had put Rodriguez on to rest Ulloa then.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Okika is just not good enough. I asssume he is still on Spurs books and been loaned out to so many clubs because they cannot find someone willing to pay any money for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here