Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika

Feb 14, 2010
IMO Tilts and Baird were much better. Tilts scored at the level we are currently in, Obika struggles to even know which direction to run in. Baird was workmanlike but at least had a touch.

I'm not arguing.. but worst player for the Albion in the last 40 years is one hell of a title given our last 30 years! In fact that is so bad that its worth wearing that as a badge of honour, that is true legend status! Obika Football Genius...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm not arguing.. but worst player for the Albion in the last 40 years is one hell of a title given our last 30 years! In fact that is so bad that its worth wearing that as a badge of honour, that is true legend status! Obika Football Genius...

Seriously that's how I feel.

Football genius....?? Bit of an insult to Crumplin

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ahh yes but that data base must have backed Nathan up for him to get on the shortlist.

The problem with databases is that sometimes too much information clouds the judgement.

Feb 14, 2010
Seriously that's how I feel.

Football genius....?? Bit of an insult to Crumplin

An insult to Crumps at full back but not as a winger! Its a big shout OTM. Big shout. That side under Jimmy Case still gives me nightmares! I'd agree we would have been better off doing that old fashioned thing of putting a centre back up front than Obika tonight but to be fair, he has not played that much all season and we are compared to the last 30 years, not a bad side these days. If you put say Crumps (as a winger) or Cooper or any of that Jimmy Case side in this team then all o them would look that bad. But yes, totally agree, he was truly dreadful tonight.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
My (badly made) point is that Jon Obika is not the reason we have to go to a replay. And, let's be clear - I'm not a fan at all.

And, my age old point still holds true - I'm not going to slate a player who is on the pitch for the Albion if he seems to not be good enough. Blame the people who put him there.

yeah was he recommended by nathan jones

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think we got him on loan out of desperation more than anything else. Just hope we're not paying anything towards his wages.

We were after him on a season long loan during the summer but he got injured. Lita was brought in as cover and didn't do the business and Obika was available again. I think that if another loan striker is identified who wants to play for us comes in then Obika will be sent back to Spurs.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think every touch was a poor one.
2 out of 10 would be generous

At least he actually touched the ball in this game. Pretty sure he didn't manage that in ten minutes against Leeds. He really is terrible, when that ball came across to him in the area he looked like he did not have any idea what to do, he actually looked scared. He is bad as those loan players we used to get at Gillingham and towards the end of the Goldstone, he is the striker equivalent of Ashley Neal.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
We were after him on a season long loan during the summer but he got injured. Lita was brought in as cover and didn't do the business and Obika was available again. I think that if another loan striker is identified who wants to play for us comes in then Obika will be sent back to Spurs.

Don't want to sound nasty here but glad he was. I'd rather recall Goodwin from Torquay and give him a go as we seem to be bringing the best out of our youngsters at the moment.

Feb 14, 2010
At least he actually touched the ball in this game. Pretty sure he didn't manage that in ten minutes against Leeds. He really is terrible, when that ball came across to him in the area he looked like he did not have any idea what to do, he actually looked scared. He is bad as those loan players we used to get at Gillingham and towards the end of the Goldstone, he is the striker equivalent of Ashley Neal.

I am starting to like him. Have to like the underdog. Brighton wouldnt be Brighton without a comedy player and who knows, maybe like Crumps he will turn it around !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here