Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I understand where you're coming from but it was more the lack of effort for him

I would disagree that he didn't show effort, he came into the game when we getting deeper and deeper and looked naive against a experienced premier league centre back. When he got into good positions he lacked options or chose the wrong but he is young and will learn.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but he looks like Bambi on ice after 10 pints. Aside from fluffing that shot near the end minutes earlier he showed a complete lack of awareness when he dwelt on the ball when a simple pass right would have played March in on goal.
Biggest problem second half was us sitting too deep and inviting them on plus a complete inability to slow it down and just hold on to the ball.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Fluffed his touch on the break and couldn't capitalise on JFC's fantastic pass which lead to a corner. Dissapointing

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Don't think anyone can disagree with the consensus here. Looked VERY slow and a bit clumsy. Shame. Also thought, despite his best efforts, Chicksen looked out of his depth. Great experience for him though and no doubt he'll get better and better.
He was very poor and very slow.

Chicksen I thought had a good game and considering he was up against premiership quality, did well. Especially in the 2nd half when Lua Lua was taking a break after a not very convincing dive and so left alone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ulloa scores that header and it doesn't matter what Obika can and can't do.

If Barnes had failed to hit the target with such a chance, there would be 75 threads devoted to the subject already.
That may well be so, but between misses just how many, and how long, were Barnes' goal a game runs?

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
We must have a deal with spurs where he has to play. Otherwise our manager doesn't know a player that's Not as good as our players we own.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Obika. I am trying to write something positive and complimentary, so here goes. He made Chris Holroyd look like Gianfranco Zola in his pomp.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Got to agree with bozza, if ulloa scores what should have been a standard header it wouldn't matter but that shouldn't shadow the fact that obika is absolute pony!! He was awful and it was like we had 10!

Real struggle to get through now

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If Barnes had failed to hit the target with such a chance, there would be 75 threads devoted to the subject already.

I think that line is over-played. Ulloa has earned the right not to take stick for missing the odd sitter. With Ashley the missed sitters were not that odd.

And Obika did not look great.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My (badly made) point is that Jon Obika is not the reason we have to go to a replay. And, let's be clear - I'm not a fan at all.

And, my age old point still holds true - I'm not going to slate a player who is on the pitch for the Albion if he seems to not be good enough. Blame the people who put him there.

Dec 29, 2011
Ulloa scores that header and it doesn't matter what Obika can and can't do.

Barnes probably would have failed to hit the target. He was ****ing shit, glad we got rid. I remember him missing at least 10 easier, or as easy, chances as the one Ulloa missed tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here