Obika

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I am starting to like him. Have to like the underdog. Brighton wouldnt be Brighton without a comedy player and who knows, maybe like Crumps he will turn it around !

True, we have started to cheer him every time he touches the ball. It is fun, if a little frustrating.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
In his limited appearances so far he has shown no quality, especially tonight. I was sitting in W1G tonight and witnessed Oscar shaking his head on several occasions at Obika..I would have put Spanish Dave II up front and let him run at their centre backs..

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Obika has been to more clubs on loan than Warren Aspinall played for, so that tells a story considering he is only 23! When put through on goal tonight, he ran no faster than a jog. As far as I'm concerned, he can jog off back to Spurs. CMS on his crutches was quicker!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I thought we employed a guy on a good salary, to ensure we don't have comparisons to our worst player in 40 years?

Are you someone's parody account?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Obika has been to more clubs on loan than Warren Aspinall played for, so that tells a story considering he is only 23! When put through on goal tonight, he ran no faster than a jog. As far as I'm concerned, he can jog off back to Spurs. CMS on his crutches was quicker!

The only story it really tells is that he's on the books of a top six club. Not uncommon at all these days for a youngster to have a string of loan clubs as you have to be one of Europe's top players to break through at that level. Which is why the best kids would be better off joining us.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
He. Is. SHOCKING. how on earth does he still play for Tottenham? Bizarre. He looks like the sort of player WE should be loaning to a team in the division below, not Spurs. Waste of money and space, will never play again when CMS comes back

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
He. Is. SHOCKING. how on earth does he still play for Tottenham? Bizarre. He looks like the sort of player WE should be loaning to a team in the division below, not Spurs. Waste of money and space, will never play again when CMS comes back

How many clubs has been out on loan to? I've lost count and being at that many clubs then you'd think he would of made some kind of impact wouldn't you.

He seems like a journeyman and Spurs are hoping he hits it off at one club sooner or later but after seeing his performance today and other peoples opinions then think he's one of these players who will never make the grade and will forever hover around the lower leagues.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He was very poor. If it was David Burke who decided we should get him in on loan, he has some questions to answer. Hopefully CMS will be fit soon.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do you think Farrington was worse?

I always thought that Farrington was unfairly maligned. He was injured most of the time and in a poor team.

McCammon was comedy gold, Tiltman shocking, Frank Stapleton a miserable pensioner and Willie Young's (final) performance in an Albion shirt when we lost 5-1 at Pompey still gives me nightmares nearly 30 years later.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
oh beaker.jpgoh beaker.jpg

Pointless bringing him on. Clueless and no pace but that's not his fault, he's just made that way. Whoever scouted him and took him (in desperation) as a loan player got it wrong.

He's that poor and out of his depth he looks like he could be another of those "players" that turn out to be a fake. Only he's getting chance after chance.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm happy with the performances tonight from every one except Obika - he came on and did nothing good up front and defensively he didn't even bother vs Meyler (we cleared off the line). Looked like he didn't care to be honest

EDIT - Andrews didn't play too well either, I'm not a great fan of him as it is, all he does is pass sideways most of the time, most CMs can do that

He looked like he was running in slow-motion compared to everyone else. First time I've seen him and thought he was awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports