Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika Signs for Charlton

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You say that, but if Ulloa gets injured both Hoskins and CMS are far from ready to step up to the plate.

But we've still got Ash.... Oh , we'll have to depend on Lingard I suppose.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Good luck to him, I felt he never got a chance here, a few short sub appearances and a cup game. He could easily turn out to be a good player if he gets game time and good service. For us he was useful back up that was not required in the end.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
1. Charlton need players who aren't good enough to get sent to Standard Liege.
2. I was prepared to give him all the support I could muster, until that home game against Hull when he gave up on a winnable ball after five steps and started trotting towards goal instead.

Good luck to him though. There's ability there but he chose not to show it in the Albion's colours.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I liked him. Not because he was a good player, he was obviously utterly woeful, but because he seemed like quite an endearing, tragic kind of character. He always looked to me like he KNEW he was shit and that he'd accepted it, but he was still going to give it a try in the hope that, against all odds, he'd suddenly find professional football was for him after all. It's a bit like how I imagine I'd be if I ever got a call up from Oscar. It would be an utter embarrassment to all concerned, but my word I'd look like I was ENJOYING myself, even if nobody else was.

:lolol:

Best of luck to him, apart from when they play us of course.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Good luck to him, I felt he never got a chance here, a few short sub appearances and a cup game. He could easily turn out to be a good player if he gets game time and good service. For us he was useful back up that was not required in the end.

All these people, saying that the fans are being unfair to him, because we did not see enough of him and he could turn out to be a good player etc.

We could not see enough of him because our manager, who could see enough of him, clearly also didn't think he was good enough to even make the bench in the last three games. That's good enough for me, or is Oscar also being unfair to him?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it's fair to say it didn't work out for either party.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
All these people, saying that the fans are being unfair to him, because we did not see enough of him and he could turn out to be a good player etc.

We could not see enough of him because our manager, who could see enough of him, clearly also didn't think he was good enough to even make the bench in the last three games. That's good enough for me, or is Oscar also being unfair to him?

Exactly - woeful

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
After 6-years at Spurs with not much of a whiff of the 1st team and numerous loans to other clubs says all you need to know really, would assume Oscar was overly taken by him and once Lingard signed and then Hoskin's coming back it spelt the end as he would not get any game time so wages recouped

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here