Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T OK COMPUTER what a F'ing album!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What a great set list.
The first time I saw Radiohead was a few years later at V Festival of all places. The songs they played were very much the same and included Creep at the very end. It was the last year they actually had a few bands worth seeing including Art Brut and dare I say it Morrissey. Got very drunk and ended up watching Sugarbabes and I think Girls Aloud just for a laugh.

The only time I went to V was when Pulp played. Radiohead, Morrissey and Art Brut sounds good though... They did used to have some good acts occasionally (inclding BSP once!).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I love Radiohead. Don't like cold play.

That's fair enough. I didn't much like their second album and never bothered with them after that. I know people that love Coldplay, hate Radiohead. My stepdad loved the Pet Shop Boys but hated when I played New Order in the house. I never understood that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What a great set list.
The first time I saw Radiohead was a few years later at V Festival of all places. The songs they played were very much the same and included Creep at the very end. It was the last year they actually had a few bands worth seeing including Art Brut and dare I say it Morrissey. Got very drunk and ended up watching Sugarbabes and I think Girls Aloud just for a laugh.

Art Brut - "...drinking Hennessy with Morrissey...". Great band but far too clever and he (Eddie whatever he is called) knew it. I was at that V festival too and also watched Sugababes. I'm a big fan and not too proud to admit it.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The only time I went to V was when Pulp played. Radiohead, Morrissey and Art Brut sounds good though... They did used to have some good acts occasionally (inclding BSP once!).

Indeed. Nowadays I don't even bother to look who is playing. I would imagine Pulp were good though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Art Brut - "...drinking Hennessy with Morrissey...". Great band but far too clever and he (Eddie whatever he is called) knew it. I was at that V festival too and also watched Sugababes. I'm a big fan and not too proud to admit it.

I think Eddie Argos may live locally. He is a friend of David Gedge and has played at the last two Wedding Present Festivals. Once with Art Brut and once with a Donnas cover band called The Donald's. They were quite funny.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think Eddie Argos may live locally. He is a friend of David Gedge and has played at the last two Wedding Present Festivals. Once with Art Brut and once with a Donnas cover band called The Donald's. They were quite funny.

Argos! That's the fella. I saw them a couple of times and they were the very definition of an art college band. I've always thought he's not the kind of chap I'd like to meet as he'd just be ripping the piss out of everything all the time and not in a good way. He wrote some great songs though. "My little brother's just discovered rock and roll" was a favourite.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Argos lives in Berlin now, I believe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Argos lives in Berlin now, I believe.

Correct. I've seen him about a few times but not for some time. He was doing a spoken word tour of Germany last time I heard.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Just in that kinda mood. I've put on ok computer and I've totally fell in love with it again. British music that no other islands can make. Gritty, melodic, storytelling, genius!!
Do you ever get a moment, when you put an album on that you used to love and haven't heard it for ages, then you realise why you loved it in the first place. Makes you feel alive again. It last happened to me walking into a shop in Boston USA and hearing HIS 'N' HERS by pulp. When did it last happen to you?

My favourite album of all time, hands down the winner. I was at Glastonbury 97 when they showcased it, I think it was the first time I'd heard it, it was new material and they were about to release it or it had just been released. By a stretch the best gig I've ever seen. The atmosphere was something special. I read much later that Thom Yorke said it was their best gig, there was just a special atmosphere that night

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I think it was the first time anyone had heard Ok Computer, pre days of digital leaks. Imagine the first time all those thousands of people had heard that amazing album, being blasted out over the Glastonbury fields

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I love The Bends album, I can quite happily sit in a room with all the lights out with a beer or glass of wine and just switch off. The whole album is class. OK Computer has some great tracks as well, but The Bends just shades it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've been re-listening to a lot of Radiohead since this thread started. It's reconfirmed my belief that their post-OK period is my favourite. For me their song writing, sounds and rhythms take a quantum leap in maturity with Kid A.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You want to know another band that had nothing but classic albums? Talk Talk.

Mark Hollis is a national treasure.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
It came out the week before glasto. I can remember listening to it for a few days and taking a cassette of it to listen to at the festival round the tents. Absolutely amazing gig marked by perfectly timed fireworks towards the end. Setlist brings back great memories!

Lucky
My Iron Lung
Airbag
Planet Telex
Exit Music (for a film)
The Bends
(nice dream)
Paranoid Android
Karma Police
Creep
Climbing Up The Walls
No Suprises
Talk Show Host
Bones
Just
Fake Plastic Trees
-
You
The Tourist
High and Dry
Street Spirit (fade out)

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
My favourite band and OK Computer is fantastic, I'd put this second to In Rainbows as Radioheads best album.

Same here. In Rainbows is the best album ever made. OK next. Radiohead are the only band to have two albums in my all time top ten and they are 1st & 2nd. Genius.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same here. In Rainbows is the best album ever made. OK next. Radiohead are the only band to have two albums in my all time top ten and they are 1st & 2nd. Genius.

Radiohead seem to divide opinion on what there best album is....this says a lot about their standing in the music world.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I have an original unplayed vinyl copy of said album in the loft. Bought it in a sale I think. Maybe I should dig it out. For whatever reason they have never resonated with me. Go figure as I do like my whiney music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here