Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T. Hinkley Point.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
To be fair to theresa may, i think she is having second thoughts about it , you certainly wont agree with nany of her policies but if she proves to be far sighted on this i for one will be very pleased , having the french and chinese holding us by the balls over energy is incredibly short sighted.

More of this is more like it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32067675

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
To be fair to theresa may, i think she is having second thoughts about it , you certainly wont agree with nany of her policies but if she proves to be far sighted on this i for one will be very pleased , having the french and chinese holding us by the balls over energy is incredibly short sighted.

Yeah but.....

We've prevaricated over this so long we actually are in danger of power shortages in the next decade. And the alternative is going to be fracking or burning more wood pellets.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
real facts! for guidance what would for example Skilled 4 and Craft Worker do?

7dd51973a95613f271d85ef8897eaaff.png

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
At £18billion and that will no doubt go up and i believe ready by 2025 (?) and again no doubt that will change,one does have to ask would this money and time be better spent on alternative forms of power ? Surely with a cost input and timeline that Hinkley has been given new ways of creating energy are the way forward ? One only have to look at a mobile phone today as compared to ten years ago,ok energy supply is a different ball game,but where there is a will there is a way ? :clap2:
It's called "Looking Ahead"! I can ( sadly) recall peeps saying just that, about the M25 when it was built, and hardly a soul on it. Christ we'd have been in the doo doos without it!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here