Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T ... Help regarding the law. (aimed at police officers / solicitors)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Hunt-car-girls-approached/story-21288804-detail/story.html

Interesting article

"A dark green Mazda sports car, was seen near the shoppers' car park in Old Bridge Street in Truro at the time an eight-year-old girl was approached by a car and asked by the driver to get in."

"Upon seeing a nine-year-old girl leave the store a motorist opened his door, possibly with a view to talking to the girl, before leaving the area at speed."

Certainly the police should find this man and interview him but in legal terms what offence, if any, has he committed? ???

Speeding? :jester:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
How? Asking a child to get in to the car is hardly evidence that he was attempting to abduct them.

I'm not suggesting that it was an innocent request in this instance but I find it rather sad that any approach by an adult towards a child is now treated with suspicion.

I remember as an 8 or 9 year old walking to school in the rain being offered a lift, accepted with gratitude and without any suggestion of any ulterior motive by the driver. Possibly naively but my sister and I when growing up never had any fear nor suspicion of strangers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A disguise, an internet cafe, a new one use hotmail account, and a never to be used again facebook account are your friends.

:lolol:
Are you the suspect in question?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I remember as an 8 or 9 year old walking to school in the rain being offered a lift, accepted with gratitude and without any suggestion of any ulterior motive by the driver.
Are you really old? I remember being well aware of not getting into a strangers car in the 80s.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
From a legal point if view mate do not do it.
The press are allowed to post certain information. You are not. If you post them up on facebook and are caught you are liable to end up in front of the court for contempt of court.
Let his justice be his sentence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here