Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T ... Help regarding the law. (aimed at police officers / solicitors)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A disguise, an internet cafe, a new one use hotmail account, and a never to be used again facebook account are your friends.

:lolol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
However much a piece of work this individual may be (and I have no idea whether we're talking about someone who's been convicted or not), it's really not your place to "ruin his life" is it?

With respect, I would suggest you should steer well clear, in every respect.

Wise words. You don't know whether the Judge has made any directions (such as a section 39). If he has then you could be dragged before him and sentenced for contempt of court.

Let the judge decide the punishment, it's his* job and he's infinitely better at it than anyone on here.

*or her, they have lady judges too

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If you are in doubt, as you clearly are, wait through due process of law. You might be doing this person a huge favour if his Lawyer cries subjudice. How will you feel if he's saved by you ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The same way that any form of vigilante retribution works.

Oh right so if someone bashed a convicted paedophile that has been convicted of of molesting his child, that makes the father as bad as the paedophile, not in my world .........

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Front page of my local paper, in an unrelated case, vigilantes screw up...

"POLICE have stepped up their hunt for a car which could be linked with the possible attempted abduction of two "very, very young innocent children" in Truro.
Officers have been sent into schools to discuss the incidents, which have also prompted 'vigilante' attacks on similar but unrelated vehicles."

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Front page of my local paper, in an unrelated case, vigilantes screw up...

"POLICE have stepped up their hunt for a car which could be linked with the possible attempted abduction of two "very, very young innocent children" in Truro.
Officers have been sent into schools to discuss the incidents, which have also prompted 'vigilante' attacks on similar but unrelated vehicles."

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Hunt-car-girls-approached/story-21288804-detail/story.html

Interesting article

"A dark green Mazda sports car, was seen near the shoppers' car park in Old Bridge Street in Truro at the time an eight-year-old girl was approached by a car and asked by the driver to get in."

"Upon seeing a nine-year-old girl leave the store a motorist opened his door, possibly with a view to talking to the girl, before leaving the area at speed."

Certainly the police should find this man and interview him but in legal terms what offence, if any, has he committed? ???

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
As the case is still ongoing I would suggest you be extremely careful. Even after the case has been judged be careful of any reporting restrictions the judge may add in order to protect the innocent which vcan also inadvertently protect the guilty.
If you don't know what you are doing, don't do it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Hunt-car-girls-approached/story-21288804-detail/story.html

Interesting article

"A dark green Mazda sports car, was seen near the shoppers' car park in Old Bridge Street in Truro at the time an eight-year-old girl was approached by a car and asked by the driver to get in."

"Upon seeing a nine-year-old girl leave the store a motorist opened his door, possibly with a view to talking to the girl, before leaving the area at speed."

Certainly the police should find this man and interview him but in legal terms what offence, if any, has he committed? ???

He could be charged with attempted abduction.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

How? Asking a child to get in to the car is hardly evidence that he was attempting to abduct them.

I'm not suggesting that it was an innocent request in this instance but I find it rather sad that any approach by an adult towards a child is now treated with suspicion.

I remember as an 8 or 9 year old walking to school in the rain being offered a lift, accepted with gratitude and without any suggestion of any ulterior motive by the driver. Possibly naively but my sister and I when growing up never had any fear nor suspicion of strangers.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Not from "Upon seeing a nine-year-old girl leave the store a motorist opened his door, possibly with a view to talking to the girl, before leaving the area at speed."

The whole article is too vague to tie up the various strands. But people still take the law into their own hands, and get it wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here