Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Haywards Heath Relief Road open!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If you expand Burgess Hill though, you'll end up merging into these smaller towns & villages that you speak of (Hurstpierpoint & Hassocks spring to mind).

I'm not sure the residents of Cuckfield, Lindfield, Hurstpierpoint or Hassocks would agree that aggressively expanding Haywards Heath or Burgess Hill only affects the bigger town.

last time i checked theres nothing between Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill, save for Wivelsfield which is just an extension of BH anyway. seriously, who'd really notice let alone care if they filed in with developments to suit many budgets and needs, leaving those other settlements mentioned and whole parts of mid-sussex (and further afield) untouched. pick the battles, unless protecting property prices is the priority and you advocate no development at all, this would be ideal territory to concede.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Why it is only 4 mins by train every 10 mins and buses from Haywards Heath to Burgess Hill every 15 mins. Just to add most of the bus users are using concessionary passes, like me and my wife.

I meant a new station for the commuters going from Bolnore (and proposed new developments) to London daily. Currently HH station car park fills fast, and as far as I know there is still no early morning/ late evening busses around town.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Coming from Ansty this evening I tried going on it to avoid going around the town and I think it will be quicker to the hospital while the water road works are in operation but not sure about after then

Your joking right. Just think about how many traffic lights you have to pass through and then the filter at the end of muster green.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Could do with building a new station somewhere between wivelsfield and Hayward's Heath , have a large car park and cycle racks.

With all the new homes being built they could also do with improving bus services around the towns.
good idea and I would like see see the old Bus service back which ran Large merc mini buses.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm amazed how long the road works have gone on for in Haywards Heath. Why don't they put more workers on the job?

What really amazed me was why they didn't wait to start digging up South Road until the Relief Road was open. It would only have meant a delay of three to four weeks and saved an awful lot of chaos. I guess common sense doesn't come into their planning decisions.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I thought the mental hospital was on the land opposite The Beechurst Harvester on land that has been sold to Wimpey to build houses on.
The old mental hospital was at Southdowns Park ( st Francies) which also houses the PRH the Wimpy houses are just past the old Haywards Heath hospital towards Cuckfield which is now a NHS facility and the Klienwort centre.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Did you used to live in Falmer Nimby?

Who cares if there are not enough homes for the next generation as long as you are okay.

I think he may have been talking about the quality of the planning and the positioning of the houses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here