Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Haywards Heath Relief Road open!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ironically it took me 10 minutes to drive from South Road roundabout to The Sergison.

Good to see that the pub has it's proper name back.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Great, now they can get on with building over the rest of the space between Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill. Oh and the gap between HH and Cuckfield while they're at it. Who gives a **** about the local character as long as there's plenty ofmcrap new housing miles away from the nearest shop or pub for commuters to live in and contribute nothing to the town.

This

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Grew up in HH but only been there briefly once in the last 10 years and I had not realised just how big Bolnore Village is!

So they put in a new roundabout and road joining Isaac's Lane and the A272 between the old Isaac's Lane mini roundabout and the sharp corner where Chownes Mead Lane is? Is Traunstein Way the relief road? So that is all new as well and joins up with Rocky Lane, which they must have widened considerably? And then a new road behind the hospital but not Hurstwood Lane joining up to a new roundabout on the A272 past the hospital and another new roundabout at Rocky Lane/Fox Hill? Blimey.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I do, however, believe that individualism is essential to maintaining the character of Mid Sussex, and I believe there's a very real danger that the entire corridor from London to Brighton is going to tarmac.

if there's a place in mid-sussex that doesnt have any character, its Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill. how about expanding them, where people want to live near the stations, rather than hodge podge of developments on smaller towns and villages.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
if there's a place in mid-sussex that doesnt have any character, its Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill. how about expanding them, where people want to live near the stations, rather than hodge podge of developments on smaller towns and villages.

If you expand Burgess Hill though, you'll end up merging into these smaller towns & villages that you speak of (Hurstpierpoint & Hassocks spring to mind).

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
That's a relief!!!

Western end (last section) now open so you can now avoid HH town centre when travelling through the area on the A272.

Not long ago they were giving a completion date of mid 2015, so well done to the contractors.
relief road is now A272 and the road through the Town is the B2272

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Coming from Ansty this evening I tried going on it to avoid going around the town and I think it will be quicker to the hospital while the water road works are in operation but not sure about after then

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are they going to introduce Boris Bikes so that the commuters in Bolnore Village can cycle to and from the station?!

Funny you should say that , the Evening Standard property supplement a while back suggested Bolnore Village as an ideal relocation for Londoners wishing to cash in on their London property , buy a new build house mortgage free and commute into the city.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

I'm not sure the residents of Cuckfield, Lindfield, Hurstpierpoint or Hassocks would agree that aggressively expanding Haywards Heath or Burgess Hill only affects the bigger town.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If you expand Burgess Hill though, you'll end up merging into these smaller towns & villages that you speak of (Hurstpierpoint & Hassocks spring to mind).
Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath will only be 6/10 of mile apart in Rocky lane! Will It bring the house prices down in Heath being so close to Bugs-hole only joking.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Haywards Heath does have hidden secrets several ancient woodlands wild orchids in hidden meadows water meadows etc however some arse whole in the early sixties and seventies knocked down some of our Victorian buildings and ruined our architecture.but we Still have The old nut house converted to houses and apartments / flats called South Downs park and an interesting Victorian water Tower.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Could do with building a new station somewhere between wivelsfield and Hayward's Heath , have a large car park and cycle racks.

With all the new homes being built they could also do with improving bus services around the towns.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm amazed how long the road works have gone on for in Haywards Heath. Why don't they put more workers on the job?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could do with building a new station somewhere between wivelsfield and Hayward's Heath , have a large car park and cycle racks.

With all the new homes being built they could also do with improving bus services around the towns.
Why it is only 4 mins by train every 10 mins and buses from Haywards Heath to Burgess Hill every 15 mins. Just to add most of the bus users are using concessionary passes, like me and my wife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here