O/T for NSC financial advisors

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He's definitely an independent mortgage broker, not sure if he's an IFA too, is the a difference? That business is all wrapped up with legislation, legalities and red tape these days.

I am indeed a whole of market mortgage broker and not an IFA.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Good for an experiment, worse than the stock market for guaranteed returns though.

Why do people keep mentioning guaranteed returns, when they are not?

The OP needs to decide if he wants to invest or speculate. They are very different and nobody can give proper advice till he decides.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good for an experiment, worse than the stock market for guaranteed returns though.

Guaranteed returns on the stock market?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why do people keep mentioning guaranteed returns, when they are not?

I had thought there were never guaranteed returns on investments these days as it is illegal to say this ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely not, and that's my point. Perhaps saying "they're far more volatile than the stock market" would have been better phrasing.

I understand. I appreciate what you're saying but I'm curious about this and want to get involved. Personally, I think it will take off; I think the time is right for alternative methods. As an example I currently use peer-2-peer currency exchange which pisses all over the rates you get at the bank. Surely it is only a matter of time before this becomes the norm? I appreciate Bitcoin is a huge step and leap of faith further but then 5 years ago they said the same of the currency exchange I use.

i have come into £10,000. Need to spend £4,000 of it now, but would like to save/invest £6,000 5 years max as this will go towards a new car.

Already have £5,000 in an instant cash isa for rainy day.

What are my options for the £6,000?

Went to nationwide today (they being my building society) and they were pretty useless. So, any advice welcome.

I would stick it in the 83 cash account at the nationwide.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports