Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T for NSC financial advisors

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had the full allowance of Premium Bonds for a couple of years, won about £300 :-(

That is very unlucky to say the least we have won over £3k as a family over 12 years with never near the maximum amount collectively between four of us.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That is very unlucky to say the least we have won over £3k as a family over 12 years with never near the maximum amount collectively between four of us.

I know, I was gutted, expecting to get something around the average, cashed most of them in and put the money back into my house.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Put it in a Stocks & Shares ISA. Use a discount broker such as Hargreaves Lansdown (www.hl.co.uk) who waive the initial set up fees and discount the annual management charges as well. They have plenty of literature about where to invest, but basically you can do your research wherever you like but just use them as the broker. I'd recommend the Artemis Income Fund, has returned 104% over the last 5 years, 20% over the last 12 months, 5% over last 6 months. You need to be prepared to leave it invested for at least 3 years, but as its an ISA you can take it out whenever you like.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have you had a look at structured products? Little bit more of a risk but I have one with Meteor paying 7.25% gross per annum. Believe you will need an IFA to invest though so need to take account of their fees.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Hi, yes as others have said peer to peer lending with ZOPA is best if you have spare cash and want a guaranteed return. With their Safeguard offer you are not exposed to losses from defaulting borrowers but the return is lower. Used to be 7% now 5% can still be earned. Been using this site for 5 years - reliable service and steady return. Forget the banks at the moment.

If you have any debts pay them off first as they are likely to cost you more than you would earn from ZOPA or any other investment. I would offer you my ZOPA link but I think Chicken Runner got in first
can give you a link for Zopa and you can get £25 Free if you join (so do I)
However if he/she is dodgy (!) then pm me! And do the same if you have any questions
Good luck!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Hi, yes as others have said peer to peer lending with ZOPA is best if you have spare cash and want a guaranteed return. With their Safeguard offer you are not exposed to losses from defaulting borrowers but the return is lower. Used to be 7% now 5% can still be earned. Been using this site for 5 years - reliable service and steady return. Forget the banks at the moment.

If you have any debts pay them off first as they are likely to cost you more than you would earn from ZOPA or any other investment. I would offer you my ZOPA link but I think Chicken Runner got in first

However if he/she is dodgy (!) then pm me! And do the same if you have any questions
Good luck!

Can you point out where it says you get a guaranteed return?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Can you point out where it says you get a guaranteed return?
Return is not guaranteed as such it depends on prevailing market rate. See these links and do your research yourself of course. The safeguard thing just cuts out losses from defaulting debtors. You can also get immediate access to the cash with a penalty (1% I think) if you need it.
http://www.zopa.com/lending/grow-your-savings
http://www.zopa.com/lending/lend-money-safely
http://www.zopa.com/lending/high-interest-returns

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Return is not guaranteed as such it depends on prevailing market rate. See these links and do your research yourself of course. The safeguard thing just cuts out losses from defaulting debtors. You can also get immediate access to the cash with a penalty (1% I think) if you need it.
http://www.zopa.com/lending/grow-your-savings
http://www.zopa.com/lending/lend-money-safely
http://www.zopa.com/lending/high-interest-returns

So why did you say you get a guaranteed return?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Thought he was an IFA?! He'd know where to put it for sure :D

He's definitely an independent mortgage broker, not sure if he's an IFA too, is the a difference? That business is all wrapped up with legislation, legalities and red tape these days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Buy Bitcoins

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mar 13, 2012
Unfortunately I think the Santander 123 is only available as a current account and you would need to pay in at least £500 a month to obtain the 3% - you may wish to consider changing your current account – For comprehensive savings rates look at www.moneyfacts.co.uk which gives details of instant access, fixed rates and ISA rates – Rates are updated daily. Cash deposit rates are generally lower than inflation at present, so the likelihood is that you will lose money in real terms, but if you cannot tolerate loss then stick with it.
If you can tolerate potentially losing money then consider equity/other asset class investment via an ISA – However remember you could lose money but over the longer term the potential upside is far greater. Obtaining advice is, I’m afraid, probably not economical for you, or the adviser, who would need to charge you a fee for investment advice.
The comment regarding structured products is valid – In reality you should take advice to understand the small print and risks but again my comments regarding fees make it uneconomical.
Good luck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here