Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/t Donald Trump

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
i have no idea and i didn't say it was that simple, what i meant was that even if you did have your hands tied behind your back 7 whole years with F all to show for it is a poor record by anyone's standard.

With apologies for responding to an obvious troll...

I wonder if in your definition of F all you would include the first comprehensive health insurance plan in US history, a groundbreaking nuclear deal with Iran, and a historic redefinition of the US's relations with Cuba, all while managing to avoid a second Great Depression that loomed in 2008.

Perhaps you should have stuck with your original statement that you have no idea.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There aren't many good systems around the world. It could be worse, you could have a system where 18% of the population vote for a party who can then dictate to them and the other 82%!!!

Or a system where 100% of the UK electorate can vote for a party/government who can then be theoretically ignored, sidelined and outvoted in the European Parliament or through Qualified Majority Voting!!!

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

I wonder if in your definition of F all you would include the first comprehensive health insurance plan in US history, a groundbreaking nuclear deal with Iran, and a historic redefinition of the US's relations with Cuba, all while managing to avoid a second Great Depression that loomed in 2008.

Perhaps you should have stuck with your original statement that you have no idea.

so the man wants to go down is history by achieving peace does he, meanwhile his army still finds itself fighting in an endless war., syria being one of those wars, who's next on this long list of their's i wonder eh..
don't be getting all cocky as that great depression of 2008 is beginning to stare them back in the face, it's a lot closer than you think.. .

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
so the man wants to go down is history by achieving peace does he, meanwhile his army still finds itself fighting in an endless war., syria being one of those wars, who's next on this long list of their's i wonder eh..
don't be getting all cocky as that great depression of 2008 is beginning to stare them back in the face, it's a lot closer than you think.. .

No more troll food from me [emoji846]

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Americans complain that the Republicans won't concede anything. Their leadership will not even hold a vote on Obama's nomination for a judge on the Supreme Court. Republicans say that is normal-operating-procedure for an outgoing president to leave the SC nominating process to the next president. That leaves the court with 8 judges, 4 conservatives and 4 liberals (although labels are subjective). Decision making will be hard for the court.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Also, does anyone have a clue how his plan to get Mexico to pay for the wall he wants to build is going to work? Ask nicely?

Mexico already said "F You!"

Nobody in the world knows how Trump will accomplish this. He makes people feel happy by saying it and that is all that matters to most of his supporters. They feel better.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Americans complain that the Republicans won't concede anything. Their leadership will not even hold a vote on Obama's nomination for a judge on the Supreme Court. Republicans say that is normal-operating-procedure for an outgoing president to leave the SC nominating process to the next president. That leaves the court with 8 judges, 4 conservatives and 4 liberals (although labels are subjective). Decision making will be hard for the court.

The point is that if Obama's choice is elected then there is a democratic slant to the SC which will last a generation (or until the next one dies) and they don't want to concede that because if they win the election (which they won't with Trump) they will then have the power to elect a conservative judge.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I thought there was already a wall between the US and Mexico??

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I thought there was already a wall between the US and Mexico??

The Rio Grande River is mighty shallow in spots. There is an historic water shortage in some areas on the border.

13riogrande-web02-articleLarge.jpg

Left=USA, Right=Mexico

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
True but then that has never happened.

True, that was the the extreme. The reality ..

Over the last European Parliamentary term (2009-14), a majority of British MEPs (across UK party lines) opposed 576 motions out of a total 1,936 that were put before the Parliament. Of those 576 motions, 485 were nonetheless approved by the rest of the Parliament despite the opposition of a majority of British MEPs. This is a failure rate of 84 per cent.

http://forbritain.org/MEPs votes.pdf

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Mexico already said "F You!"

Nobody in the world knows how Trump will accomplish this. He makes people feel happy by saying it and that is all that matters to most of his supporters. They feel better.
That's what I thought had happened, yet the clown is somehow still campaigning using the promise of his Mexico funded wall. Baffling.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
True, that was the the extreme. The reality ..

Over the last European Parliamentary term (2009-14), a majority of British MEPs (across UK party lines) opposed 576 motions out of a total 1,936 that were put before the Parliament. Of those 576 motions, 485 were nonetheless approved by the rest of the Parliament despite the opposition of a majority of British MEPs. This is a failure rate of 84 per cent.

http://forbritain.org/MEPs votes.pdf

So what!! It's a European parliament and the motions were voted through. Are you suggesting that the British MEPs should have the right to veto anything they don't like.

Surely it's no different to the conservatives (or for that matter which ever party has the majority of seats in Westminster) imposing laws on everyone whose interests might not be met by those laws.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So what!! It's a European parliament and the motions were voted through. Are you suggesting that the British MEPs should have the right to veto anything they don't like.

Surely it's no different to the conservatives (or for that matter which ever party has the majority of seats in Westminster) imposing laws on everyone whose interests might not be met by those laws.

Just thought it made an interesting comparison especially in a US context. The UK will end up being a bit like Texas!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Last edited:

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
There aren't many good systems around the world. It could be worse, you could have a system where 18% of the population vote for a party who can then dictate to them and the other 82%!!!

i'd rather stick with our system , the U.S system is crap...
ours is far from being perfect but it is a lot better than anything else that i have come across. and it will be even better come the day Britain leaves the E.U. .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here