Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/t Donald Trump

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
yes you said something along the lines of giving him or the democrats more time for us to notice any change, the blokes had 7 f*cking years ffs:glare: and his country now finds itself in a worse situation than when he fist took office. some record that..

I give up

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
yes you said something along the lines of giving him or the democrats more time for us to notice any change, the blokes had 7 f*cking years ffs:glare: and his country now finds itself in a worse situation than when he fist took office. some record that..
Wow. Quite proud that you called me "dangerously thick" on another thread now. You really don't even try to understand anything do you?

HT was pointing out that US politics doesn't work in a way that the POTUS has absolute power and can push through anything he wants. Especially when the other house is controlled by the opposition. It's almost impossible in fact but Obama has achieved a hell of a lot despite this. Especially the healthcare bill.

There's also the fact that the military and security services are almost autonomous. Whichever party is in power and whichever President is "in charge" there's not a lot that they can do to alter foreign or domestic policy in that area for the better in the few years they get. Making it worse is much easier but that's not what Obama has been trying to do.

It's not complicated.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Wow. Quite proud that you called me "dangerously thick" on another thread now. You really don't even try to understand anything do you?

HT was pointing out that US politics doesn't work in a way that the POTUS has absolute power and can push through anything he wants. Especially when the other house is controlled by the opposition. It's almost impossible in fact but Obama has achieved a hell of a lot despite this. Especially the healthcare bill.

There's also the fact that the military and security services are almost autonomous. Whichever party is in power and whichever President is "in charge" there's not a lot that they can do to alter foreign or domestic policy in that area for the better in the few years they get. Making it worse is much easier but that's not what Obama has been trying to do.

It's not complicated.

i knew exactly what he meant i was merely pointing out that 7 years "seems" or at least is.a f*cking long time in which to get your act together. unless justified there can be no excuse's made..

so this be a man who deliberately lures his voters in to believing a false set of promise's of which he knows have very little chance of being kept. the bloke is.a c*nt as well as useless.. .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
i knew exactly what he meant i was merely pointing out that 7 years "seems" or at least is.a f*cking long time in which to get your act together. unless justified there can be no excuse's made..

so this be a man who deliberately lures his voters in to believing a false set of promise's of which he knows have very little chance of being kept. the bloke is.a c*nt as well as useless.. .
I wasn't certain, but I'm now pretty sure that this is a parody account and you're on a massive wind up. No other explanation! I've been had.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Come on then, how do you propose a Democrat president get their policies through a Republican dominated congress then. You must have an idea as you make out it's all so simple.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jesus wept.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There in lye's the biggest problem with American politics. Although Obama won the presidency, Congress has a republican majority so had a hard time pushing his policies through. To the ill-informed, this make Obama look a bad president when all the time it's the opposition in the background derailing what he is trying to achieve.

Someone's response is timed nicely to prove your point :)

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Come on then, how do you propose a Democrat president get their policies through a Republican dominated congress then. You must have an idea as you make out it's all so simple.

i have no idea and i didn't say it was that simple, what i meant was that even if you did have your hands tied behind your back 7 whole years with F all to show for it is a poor record by anyone's standard.
sticking up for a man who doesn't live up to his promises is not a thing i could do yet some strange fella from Deutschland can, in fact he does even better than that he goes on to say that obama has done well:facepalm: would love to know this fella's standard of doing poor was simple do not make promises you can not keep.. .
i wouldn't trust obama to tie a pair of his own shoe lases up never mind run a country.,.. the blokes a joke.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
There in lye's the biggest problem with American politics. Although Obama won the presidency, Congress has a republican majority so had a hard time pushing his policies through. To the ill-informed, this make Obama look a bad president when all the time it's the opposition in the background derailing what he is trying to achieve.

why run for presidency in the first place if there is no chance of fulfilling a single achievement ? seems like a completely ridiculous thing to do...

Yoda

English & European
why run for presidency in the first place if there is no chance of fulfilling a single achievement ? seems like a completely ridiculous thing to do...

Because when he ran, he didn't know congress was going to still have a Republican elected majority once he was going to be sworn in. :facepalm:

A senator for Congress has a 6 year term compared to the 5 the President so there is quite often an unequal balance between the two.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Because when he ran, he didn't know congress was going to still have a Republican elected majority once he was going to be sworn in. :facepalm:

A senator for Congress has a 6 year term compared to the 5 the President so there is quite often an unequal balance between the two.
what a pathetic system, anyone with half a brain would stay well clear.of it, especially when they know something like that could happen. on that note alone the geezers a tit.... who deserves nothing other than to be laughed upon.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
what a pathetic system, anyone with half a brain would stay well clear.of it, especially when they know something like that could happen. on that note alone the geezers a tit.... who deserves nothing other than to be laughed upon.

There aren't many good systems around the world. It could be worse, you could have a system where 18% of the population vote for a party who can then dictate to them and the other 82%!!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trump is the democrats Trump card. A lot of people love him but a lot more hate him. Welcome to the first female President of the you es of Aye..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
wu2eOsml.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here