Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/t Daybreak shows us all that's wrong in this country

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's not right but nor is deliberate corparate tax avoidance. It's the latter that is costing this country more money.

No no, go after those if you wish but dont tell me that a non productive lazy feckless woman is somehow better for the country than a multi national company that is legitimately avoiding paying too much tax.

D

Deleted member 22389

I love the Poles. Best nation and people on the planet. Very hard working, a great life attitude. We need MORE of them here.

Agree hard working, but we don't need more of them. We need to focus on getting our own people back in to work first. It is a completely pointless exercise to keep bringing people in when we have so many problems.

The EU system is in place so that we can leave the UK and work in the EU, however it has failed as more people arrive in the UK than leave. If I saw millions of Brits leaving to go and work in Eastern Europe then I would call it a success, but I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It's not right but nor is deliberate corparate tax avoidance. It's the latter that is costing this country more money.

The companies that avoid corporation tax actually provide high levels of employed people who then contribute to the tax pot and don't drain society by being on benefits. If we were to close this loophole they may well go elsewhere meaning we would have greater levels of unemployment and more people on benefits.

Not saying its right but there are 2 sides to every argument

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I happen to like the Poles too, however it does get my goat when we prejudice against the vast majority of hard working Englishman, if I could be bothered to get really offended I might even accuse some of racism when suggesting that Eastern Europe have this wonderful work ethic.

Have you been to eastern europe, most of its frigging falling down and you cannot the most basic of sanitation, work ethic my arse.

I think you make a valid point. It does not make sense to generalise in this way. I think it is just meant as a counter balance to "they all come over here claiming benefits".

The more relevant point is that people who are prepared to uproot and move a long way from home are generally motivated to succeed and this is just as true of British ex pats. The do nothing and moan brigade stay at home along with a lot of good hard working folk, who just get on with it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just wait until the millions of Rumanians start coming over, it must be true because I read it the Daily Mail.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
38 year old mother of 7 Clare Bache says she cannot live on less than £32,000 a year benefits, call me old fashioned but once I'd checked that it wasn't 1st April, I watched bewildered, Lorraine and Aled looked concerned but ffs how have we let it get this bad?

How much do the father or fathers of the 7 contribute?

What example is she, and the aforementioned fathers, is she setting to those 7 kids?

Had enough money for two tattoos on her forearms!

Just for a little perspective. There are hundreds not thousands of these feckless wasters in this country and I don't like them anymore than the next person. However if she were a persistent shop lifter or a small time drug dealer, everyone would shrug their shoulders and move on. Prison costs 39k per annum, so one criminal is more expensive to keep than a family of 8.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think you make a valid point. It does not make sense to generalise in this way. I think it is just meant as a counter balance to "they all come over here claiming benefits".

The more relevant point is that people who are prepared to uproot and move a long way from home are generally motivated to succeed and this is just as true of British ex pats. The do nothing and moan brigade stay at home along with a lot of good hard working folk, who just get on with it.

There are lots of discussion points on migrant workers including displacement of jobs, our own benefit system, pressure on services, the Euro, the Eu and on it goes. but it has its undoubted consequences.

But ultimately I suspect the Poles daily rate when converted into what their Zloty ( are they still Zloty ? ) might buy back home is a big enough incentive to work hard and offer a more competitive rate of pay to those employers.

If they have plans to return home, they are in fact being rewarded considerably more compared with their English counterparts, with their English counterparts also having the option of an over generous and bloated benefit system.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Quite. If blue chip companies are allowed to say "**** you" to the UK I do wonder why should the rest of us should bother.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Just for a little perspective. There are hundreds not thousands of these feckless wasters in this country and I don't like them anymore than the next person. However if she were a persistent shop lifter or a small time drug dealer, everyone would shrug their shoulders and move on. Prison costs 39k per annum, so one criminal is more expensive to keep than a family of 8.

You havent really offered much of a preferred choice there Cheesy have you, to somehow reassure us that we also have prisoners costing 39k.

Unfortunately those petty criminals probably were spawned from similar feckless households that the OP originally highlighted.

More a 'lose lose' than a 'win win' ... !!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

for me its not the monetary cost, but the fact that her plight is given a sympathetic airing, and i think thats the point here. as far as money is concerned, previous generations would have had 5, 6, 7 kids with out state aid on alot less income. she can live on £32k, she just wants to live a high quality of life. tough, she's made decisions, she has to live with them.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Quite. If blue chip companies are allowed to say "**** you" to the UK I do wonder why should the rest of us should bother.

Odd mentality.

I am no lacky of big business, but how can you somehow excuse such shameless non productivity whilst others pay for her own lifestyle choices.

Have you ever thought that Tony Bloom who has lost £8m last year and invested £200m into our club with various business interest throughout the world might also fall into the category of your 'blue chip company' example.

Bloom would transfer, invest, lose, create, employ, succeed and fail whilst leading his various business interests.

I would suspect, expect, be grateful if he too paid only the minimum legal requirement of any his profits and I bet so do you !!!

Bloom or other big business is not the reason we have the feckless.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I hope she walked onto the stage with Kendrick Lamars, "Bitch don't kill my vibe". Coz then she would of had some swag and it would be okay.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
No no, go after those if you wish but dont tell me that a non productive lazy feckless woman is somehow better for the country than a multi national company that is legitimately avoiding paying too much tax.

I didn't say it was better, I said it costs us less money. They don't neccessarily mean the same thing, though many think they do.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I happen to like the Poles too, however it does get my goat when we prejudice against the vast majority of hard working Englishman, if I could be bothered to get really offended I might even accuse some of racism when suggesting that Eastern Europe have this wonderful work ethic.

Have you been to eastern europe, most of its frigging falling down and you cannot the most basic of sanitation, work ethic my arse.

This.

The reason we see this famous work ethic is because the one's that come over here are the ones that want to get off their arse and work. The lazy work shy ones are left at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here