[Albion] Number Plates

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's a status thing, simple as. When I made my first 'few bob' I purchased plates for my three cars (me, wife & daughter) all reading my trade with consecutive letters at the end. Got pulled by the law 'cos they weren't quite displayed legally. I don't smoke and so this is my wicked pleasure.
Go to DVLA official site to buy plates, always cheaper although traders have the second hand market as well. Prices start at £250 or at the moment X3 BHA is £499
And ELV1S I'm not so sure exists.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) Knew someone with the plate GB1.
2) Years ago, a motor dealer called Colin Alabaster, in London, had a roller in his showroom window with VIP1.
3) Saw OVA 21 a few times in Gerrards Cross area, back in the 90's.

Would be interesting to see a list of all the 1's around...prime examples being AMS1 ( Alan Sugar ) and JM1 ( John Madjewski ). I know there are plenty of others.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Hate this sort of plate, why bother? Doesn't quite say Thomas.

image.jpg

Very soppy, driven by some ugly bird that is far from sexy I expect!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
And ELV1S I'm not so sure exists.

It does, I worked with the guy that bought I it at auction for 75k in the early 70's, was a IT expert working at Allenwest at the time.

The plan was to put it on a 50's pink caddy for wedding etc, but being a 76 plate it could not go on a car earlier than one manufactured prior to 76.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Most are shite but the BHA ones are acceptable.

Only really cool one I've ever seen was N1NJA in italics on the back of a Kawasaki Ninja.

Oh and R8GUD here in Sheffield on some chavved up Clio or similar piece of shit which was just very funny (needs the South Yorkshire dialect to make sense).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Personalised plates, especially those cheaper ones that don't actually spell somebody's name without having to use an incredible amount of imagination: I'm not a fan.

The only one I'd ever consider is a BHA one, which I think is entirely acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports