Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Number nine, Ashley Barnes!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You just know that if he's fit enough to play, he will score against us. He will certainly celebrate as he upset the Plymouth fans when he scored for us, by doing so.
I loved him and was sorry to see him go.

He'll be wanting to help them get through to the next round.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Strange I always had him in a sentence that contained Banjo and cows arse!

He has a scoring rate of 1 goal in ever 7 games for Burnley, so yep give him a place...

Brings more to the team than just goals, which should not be underestimated.

The 1 in 7 was mainly in the premier league I believe.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'd like to see a cameo sub appearance (after Gray gets injured obviously) where he manages to trip the fourth official over while coming on and is immediately sent off.
Now that REALLY made me laugh out loud!Don't think Ash will ever be allowed to forget it:whistle:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
you said we slid horribly. except our form improved and we made the play offs.
would Barnes alongside Ulloa helped beat Derby (and/or QPR) etc ? Who knows ?
I'm not doubting he's a useful player, that it was odd to sell him and he's performed well for Burnley in the prem when he's played.

Ash's contract was up at the end of that season, and he wanted to leave, it's that simple.

Rather than let him leave on a Bosman free transfer at the end of that season, the club decided to sell him to Burnley, so that they could at least make some money on the deal. I don't think they had a great deal of choice.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ash's contract was up at the end of that season, and he wanted to leave, it's that simple.

Rather than let him leave on a Bosman free transfer at the end of that season, the club decided to sell him to Burnley, so that they could at least make some money on the deal. I don't think they had a great deal of choice.

All correct, but wasn't the reason he wanted to leave primarily to do with length of contract, more than money?

Just feel we missed a trick in not retaining him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All correct, but wasn't the reason he wanted to leave primarily to do with length of contract, more than money?

Just feel we missed a trick in not retaining him.

I thought it was both, length of contract and money.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
You just know that if he's fit enough to play, he will score against us. He will certainly celebrate as he upset the Plymouth fans when he scored for us, by doing so.
I loved him and was sorry to see him go.
Could you blame him if he celebrates when you think of the stick he used to get both in the ground and on here. The idiots in the East stand upper used to boo when his name was announced and then when he moved said they missed him. At least you always got a full shift from him, like you I also loved him

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Could you blame him if he celebrates when you think of the stick he used to get both in the ground and on here. The idiots in the East stand upper used to boo when his name was announced and then when he moved said they missed him. At least you always got a full shift from him, like you I also loved him

As I said, over-rated... please adjust your Ash-tinted glasses... thank you...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Apart from offer him a decent deal?

The person who didn't rate him was the one and only David Burke, the man that brought us Kemy, COG and a plethora of loanees last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here