Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Number 17 this morning - time for a big push...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Large One said:

However, it does seem to go back to an age-old situation with Brighton fans (and probably many other club's fan as well), that it's the usual suspects who put their time and effort in, while many happily join in and help out, others are happy to pay lip service, and far too big a number not actually giving a shit.

I, for one, am at a loss to fathom some people's motivation (other than truly believing the the record is utter shit and would find it an insult to add it to the music collection - or that they are flat stony broke) for not bothering to buy the record.

It may be that I have seen the work Attila has put in over the past few weeks at fairly close quarters, and am exasperated by the reaction of many to his ongoing efforts.

COME ON, EVERYONE. BUY THE SINGLE!

Exactly what I was thinking.

2,000 copies is piss poor.

I was talking to someone from Wrexham earlier who was saying a similar thing about their fans, i.e. that it is the same few who et their arses in gear while the others think 'ooh thats a good idea that will magically happen without me needing to help'

I dont think many people on here are guilty of apathy but a fair few who go to Withdean week in week out must be.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Got my copy from Amazon. Not the biggest fan of Attila, nothing personal, just don't really like poetry. But I have to say I was surprised how good the main song was. Even more surprised by the PalArse song, superb!!
But that said, what the #### is that Sussex by the Sea version all about. Hated it. I had the CD player all up to max for an ear splitting bit of Classical noise, and I get a row sounding like a drunken Fox Hunt Hornblower (whatever their called).What a horrible version.

All in all though excellent stuff IMHO and good luck on getting into the charts. Surely if we hit the top 20, all major chains will have to stock it around the country, in their chart listings, so that alone should sell thousands of extra copies, even if the shops can't sell 'em...... or am I just being thick
:wave:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think Amazon may be out of stock now...

"Availability: usually dispatched within 1 to 2 weeks."

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Bozza said:
I think Amazon may be out of stock now...

"Availability: usually dispatched within 1 to 2 weeks."

I ordered one toda from them and it said 1-3 days.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
When I ordered mine on Amazon on Monday, it said usually dispatched within 1-2 weeks but yesterday it said 3 days so im guessing they got more copies sent to them asfter selling out, but they still havent sent it yet

Kev

Aug 4, 2003
I may be wrong, but I think multiple copies bought in the same store do NOT count towards the chart. So if you buy 10 in one go, it will only count as one copy. This is to avoid chart rigging. If you want to buy multiple copies, go to different outlets (either online or instore) or go back another time.

For anyone in London, or anyone who has time before the Spurs game, Virgin Megastore in Oxford Street (right next to Tottenham Court Road tube station) has stacks of them (I assume from this that the new Virgin Megastore in Piccadilly Circus - which opens late and should be open after the Spurs game - will also have some).

Any individual copies bought in these stores will definitely count towards the chart.

Both the HMVs in Oxford Street appear to have none at all.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
My two copies from Amazon were waiting for me when I got home lastnight.
Have just resent to those in my address book asking for them to buy it.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
They did a piece on Tom Hark (We want Falmer) on SCR before 7am this morning, but I only caught the tail end of it. They said something about it being in the top 10, which seems a bit unlikely, but who knows, with continued publicity like that. it might just make it !!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Kev said:
I may be wrong, but I think multiple copies bought in the same store do NOT count towards the chart. So if you buy 10 in one go, it will only count as one copy. This is to avoid chart rigging. If you want to buy multiple copies, go to different outlets (either online or instore) or go back another time.

Is this definatley true ?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Kev said:

Both the HMVs in Oxford Street appear to have none at all.

Or go to different tills in the same shop five minutes apart perhaps!!!

The HMV near Oxford Circus didn't have any on Tuesday, though the guy looked it up on the system and said they had 40 on order. I'll go back in this lunchtime and check again.

Like others, I'm gutted we've only sold under 2000. With all the multiple buying going on, it means around just 600-1100 fans (at a rough guess) have bothered – about 10-20% of an average Withdean crowd/all those going to Spurs. Shameful.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
bhafc99 said:
Or go to different tills in the same shop five minutes apart perhaps!!!

The HMV near Oxford Circus didn't have any on Wednesday, though the guy looked it up on the system and said they had 40 on order. I'll go back in this lunchtime and check again.

Like others, I'm gutted we've only sold under 2000. With all the multiple buying going on, it means around just 600-1100 fans (at a rough guess) have bothered – about 10-20% of an average Withdean crowd/all those going to Spurs. Shameful.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ooh, what happened there? Managed to quote myself.....

Kev said:

I'm afraid that this is indeed the case. I thought everybody knew this?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
fatbadger said:
I'm afraid that this is indeed the case. I thought everybody knew this?

Same here. Thats why my Amazon order even is three seperate ones with the 'send as one package' option set

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here