Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Number 17 this morning - time for a big push...

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
New sticky please mods, replacing the last one.

Spoke to Skint. Down to 17, total sales so far (up to close of business yesterday) 1,917 - 80% of that online! Skint well pleased with everything so far, the online sales are great, but we need to shift more local stock at HMV and Virgin in Churchill Square as part of the campaign if we are going to have any realistic hope of staying in the top 20.....

Rounder have done over 200 alone but the big HMV/Virgin stores so far only about 100 between them, and they've got about 500 copies each. Of course everyone else going for the Top 40 has national distribution/promotion/pluggers and they are catching up with us every day..with the big retail sales days when teenies buy their singles (Fri/Sat) to come. And of course we're away at Spurs on Saturday....

Top 20 wise it's a bit like going 3-0 up inside the first 10 minutes (presales) with the others pulling back to 3-2 by half time, with the wind in their favour in the second half, and us down to 10 men - so we are going to have to do a Leicester/Forest/West Ham and then some if we're going to stay there! But we are Brighton...look at what we've achieved so far against the odds....so anything's possible!

All conceivable evidence says we'll definitely make the Top 40. That was our aim, initially, and we've done it - well done everyone! But now we're aiming higher. Top 30? Quite possible if we keep plugging away. 20? BIG PUSH NEEDED!

So let's make sure all the rest of those MPs get copies, and ask everyone who possibly can to get to Churchill Square and buy their copy/ies there - this afternoon at our HMV instore with Charlie and Jonesy perhaps, if work will allow, or maybe on the way to Spurs. Anyone who's really keen could of course buy a few extra copies and flog 'em to fans on the train on the the way up....we did 100 at the Mobile Shop in an hour after the Watford game, seems there are loads of people who will buy one if it's dangled under their nose!!

But all in all we are doing brilliantly, and great news too is that Skint have had a charity discount on their costs from their distributors, which means more money for the club when everything is totalled up, which will be after the main rush in a couple of weeks. (I've paid out £605 in recording/publicity costs but I won't be asking for that back, I'll take some leftover singles and flog 'em via my website and at my gigs to recoup my costs, those German ska skinheads who've ordered online already love it!)

Just to let you know - we have 5000 pressed, 4500 of which are out there in the various outlets. So no-one's going to run out!

Most importantly of all, the message - that Brighton & Hove Albion FC need a new stadium at Falmer or our club will die - is getting out nationally. One 5 Live already, with at least 2 more lined up. Sky Sports News (and Meridian) coming this afternoon. Skint say we should get Newsbeat on R1. And if we stay Top 20 we are guaranteed a play on the chart rundown on Sunday afternoon......

In addition, of course, once the chart placing is announced, it becomes a national news story - of increasing importance the higher we finish. That, ultimately, is what this is all about: getting the message about Falmer across to as many people as possible. So let's try and stay in the Top 20!

Cheers Attila

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
attila said:

we did 100 at the Mobile Shop in an hour after the Watford game, seems there are loads of people who will buy one if it's dangled under their nose!!

Just to let you know - we have 5000 pressed, 4500 of which are out there in the various outlets. So no-one's going to run out!

I went after the game to try and buy some and they said they had none left. Should maybe get a few more in for the next home game becaue I saw at least a dozen people not get one.

5,000 pressed? Surely everyone who is going to spurs should buy one? Come on. Get off your arses and get a copy.

I actually think it is crap that we have only sold 1,917 after all the hard work thats been put in. I bought a few copies as Im sure a lot of other people did, meaning not that many people have actually bought it. Certainly less then 1,000.

Everyone else get out and buy a copy!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seasider said:
With only 5,000 for sale surely not all the dedicated fans going to spurs will be able to get their hands on one though
Well I'm a season ticket holder and that makes me special, so there'd bloody well BETTER be enough copies left for me to get hold of one.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I expect we will shift a fair few this afternoon at the signing

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
attila is there anyway you could take some up to spurs?
Got my copies already but there must be loads of Brighton fans going who haven't got copies if we have sold 2,000.
Would Spurs let people take cds into the ground?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I've got 4 and ordered 2 more - come on everyone we should be selling more than this.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
John Boy said:
Attila- Give some to Liz Costa so she can sell them on the coaches

'Sales' need to be logged at a retail outlet linked to the charts. Which Liz Costa ain't. The only way this would work is if someone bought them from MHV/Virgin and Liz then sold them on, reimbursing the original purchaser.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Re: Number 17 this morning - time for a big push...

Richie Morris said:

I actually think it is crap that we have only sold 1,917 after all the hard work thats been put in. I bought a few copies as Im sure a lot of other people did, meaning not that many people have actually bought it. Certainly less then 1,000.

Everyone else get out and buy a copy!

Totally agree 100% with the above comments.

There are 3000+ registered on this site alone-anybody who hasn't bought a copy yet should be hanging their heads in shame. And that goes for any Albion fan/STH who hasn't bought at least one copy

Remember:

It's not a statement of your musical tastes

It's not important if you hate it

It's not important if you like it.

WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS THAT ALL OF YOU BUY AT LEAST ONE COPY.

Getting this single into the charts and all of the publicity for the FFA campaign should be foremost in every Albion fan's mind

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I have got 4 copies my mate has got 5.Lots of others have bought multiple copies.
Why have we only sold 2000,i really thought we would sell over 10000 so i am a bit disappointed.
It only takes the 6000 who go to home games to buy a couple of copies.
I dont understand why the sales are so low.

Very confused

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Getting in the top 20 would be massive. I have ordered mine online at hmv.co.uk

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Just thought of an idea to force sales upon every fan.

Lets say by some miracle we force a replay against Spurs.

Tickets for the return at Withdean will be in huge demand.

So what we do is add £4 to the ticket price and all those who have bought a ticket have also purchased a CD !!

Another idea which possibly can be put in place now is get 10 vip tickets for Saturdays big match, and advertise the fact that 10 cd's in either HMV, Virgin or Rounder are lucky winning CD's that entitle the buyer to the VIP ticket.

Fans will rush to buy the cd in their droves, therefore boosting sales and giving 10 lucky punters VIP seats for the big match!!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I had a similar idea to wookie, putting £4 on the price of a ticket and then people getting a free CD.

But I am not sure this would count toward sales and also bound to be people complaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here