Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nuclear war 'imminent'...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We also know that the USA have zero interest in invading Russia or bombing them. The USA has no interest in annexing any land around the USA. We can't say the same about Russia.

So we are to believe the same country that demonized countries in the middle east and profited from wars that followed has no intrest in another war and the current biased reporting and demonizing of Russia is just a coincidence...

Yeah ok

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So we are to believe the same country that demonized countries in the middle east and profited from wars that followed has no intrest in another war
I didn't say that. I said what I said, and I'm right. Feel free to read it again.

and the current biased reporting and demonizing of Russia is just a coincidence...
Yeah, we made Russia take over the Crimea (or it didn't happen, whatever you say), we made them send hooligans to assault English fans in France, we made them bribe their way to the WC in 2018 and then bin all the computers - that was our fault of course.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not gonna happen see the post above yours.

There will be no troop on troop activity other than maybe a skirmish.

I agree there would be no direct infantry confrontation as per the cold war. Would the Americans actually act upon Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty if those 150,000 walked into the Baltic states though?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I didn't say that. I said what I said, and I'm right. Feel free to read it again.

Yeah, we made Russia take over the Crimea (or it didn't happen, whatever you say), we made them send hooligans to assault English fans in France, we made them bribe their way to the WC in 2018 and then bin all the computers - that was our fault of course.

Point taken and agreed, however the USA and us for that matter is not beyond beyond bending or suppressing the truth. As usual the truth lies somewhere in the middle. My point is the USA under Clinton is in many ways just as dangerous.

Interesting times indeed, have a good evening Mr Triggarr pour a nice glass of beer or wine there's feck all me and you can do about it .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the USA and us for that matter is not beyond beyond bending or suppressing the truth.
Agreed.

As usual the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Well since I agree that you can't rely on any side to be 100% honest, then yes, somewhere inside the extremes.

However, I think it's dangerous to just say 'all sides lie' and therefore assume they're all the same. It's just like humans, we all lie sometimes, but there are still some people who are fairly trustworthy, and some who are compulsive liars and those that would kill you for £50. Yes, the west will lie, but that doesn't make them as bad as an aggressive dictatorship like Russia. If our citizens are just going to tar all countries with the same brush, there's no point in any government doing what's right.

My point is the USA under Clinton is in many ways just as dangerous.
The west have a habit of trying to control other countries, either to make their political systems more like ours, or to get decent oil deals. Russia to the same though. And I'm not concerned about the west trying to take more land, which could lead to war on a much larger scale - that's why I find Putin more of a concern.

Interesting times indeed, have a good evening Mr Triggarr pour a nice glass of beer or wine there's feck all me and you can do about it .
You too Psycho. I shall be on the whiskey (only a little).

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
From your post I took it that you think it was understandable that Russia were spending more, because of foreigners doing the same. If that's the reason, the other countries must have done that before Russia then changed policy to increase spending. I don't see that being the case at all.

When exactly do you think Russia increased spending?

We also know that the USA have zero interest in invading Russia or bombing them. The USA has no interest in annexing any land around the USA. We can't say the same about Russia.

History shows us that the USA is interested in maintaining hegemony by any means necessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here