NSCers' Football Careers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Chesney Christ said:
Rustington Otters FC (Ages 7-16)

Inter-departmental football at University (18-20)

Littlehampton Town FC (21 - present)

Just 23 so still playing. Plenty of time to watch the Albion when I'm old and over the hill. Couple of years then....

where do you play for littlehampton town ?? next time im up there refereeing ill give you a pm and ill see you at the game !!!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
1600 posts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:lolol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Shoreham Utd on Saturdays.

Sundays:-
Green Jacket
Patcham North End
Churchill Rovers

All as a goalkeeper except for one game up front for Green Jacket when I scored my one and only goal and one game for Churchill when I played right back and ruptured my knee ligaments and my career was over at 23.

Never won a thing but had much more success at rowing, hockey and indoor cricket

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
PILTDOWN MAN said:

incidently a lad called franco massimo was in the year below in the same house (tyler) remember him playing for the albion?

I played for Forest Boys. Did Franco Massimo have brothers? Im sure literally every athletics record at Forest boys is held by a Massimo.

kinkygerbil said:
older than me ,we always played forest for downlands our "careers" could have crossed paths

I'd have been the mouthy defender/midfielder getting booked a lot.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I was always last to be picked in the playground games.:(

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Lancing utd
Boundstone Old Boys
Lancing
Storrington
Haywards Heath
Broadbridge Heath
Finished

Jul 7, 2003
The Great Cornholio said:
About 15 years ago, I played in front of a good 2-300 people at Pontins. The camp in Brixham I went to had another Pontins right next door so most of the residents came to watch the grudge match between the 2 camps - St Mary's Bay and the Dolphin. I remember making one awful sliding tackle about 20 seconds in.

I remember those Pontins games as a kid - very brutal!!! I played in a game at Sandals Dunns River, Jamaica on my honeymoon and one bloke there, also on his honeymoon, clashed heads and ended up with 6 stitches.

As for my career:

Saturdays: Beecham Sports, Manor Athletic, Montre
Sundays: Ilex, Worthing Wanderers, Tarring Rovers, FC Kronenburg

Can't believe all these early quitters. I'm 37 in the summer and I'm ofter the youngest member of the back four. My centre half partner the other week was 45. It's great playing against youngsters - when we beat a team of early twenty somethings at the start of the season, one of their subs yelled 'come on, we're being beaten by a bunch of fat old men' - and they were right!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Manor Hall Road -Cup Winners beating Hangleton.

Shoreham United-briefly
Norton Wanderers later AFC Norton
Connaught Rovers-coached for a while by Willie Irvine
Datsun United

Toronto Dominion Bank FC
Hampton Ontario FC
Ontario Hydro
Pickering NGS

Funniest moment was playing for Norton Wanderers against The Green Jacket on Buckingham Park. Norton were shit at the best of times and The Green Jacket team were still pissed from the night before. 10:30 kick off on a Sunday morning, half of the GJ team were still drinking before the game started and they took turns to come off for a ciggie break during the game. Bastards still beat us by 8 or 9 goals as I recall.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Simster said:
Hayes United
Winchester Castle
Harpendon
Now occasionally guest for an insurance company in Dorking

However, I've pretty much given up now so I play for little club called Leyton Orient which is quite nice. It's easier to play when there aren't many people laughing at your every mistake.

Did you know a goalie called Christian May whilst playing for Winchester Castle? He was in my form at school and have a few sordid stories about him :rolleyes:

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Sompting
Boundstone old boys
Alphen [Holland]
B-Cal/British airways
Palm beach kicks [Florida]
Lion & Eagle [Florida]
Meck FC [North Carolina]

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Henfield
Horsham Town
Steyning Strikers
Market Harborough Town
Lancaster University
Dynamo Kebab (London)
FC Poz (Blackburn)

Over 300 appearances by now I reckon, about 10 goals and a couple of sendings off.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Richie Morris said:
Horsham F.C Sparrows
Horsham and District Youth Leage Rep Team
Roffey F.C

Those names bring back some memories, played for the rep team a couple of times before playing for Horsham Town, remember being in the same league as Sparrows and Roffey (Robins/United/Athletic?) as a kid playing for Henfield.

Great days!

:)

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Referee87 said:
where do you play for littlehampton town ?? next time im up there refereeing ill give you a pm and ill see you at the game !!!

I play for the reserves as a ball playing centre half, or so I like to think. Have you ever reffed us, or are you due to this season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports