Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC - Surely the proof

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, but we didnt! We shoulda been out of sight by HT - poor strikers who miss chances week after week wont win you F..k all. Changes need to be made NOW regarding certain strikers!!!

Dobbie and hoskins must have some kind of role VERY soon. IMO of course.

Too late mate, we're already as good as relegated.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Too late mate, we're already as good as relegated.

Your words not mine Pres.

Whilst i think were a decent side we need a to replace our underperforming strike force of Barnes and CMS to have a really good opportunity of promotion this season..
Which reminds me - some on here dont even want promotion...... how laughable is that...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Whilst i think were a decent side we need a to replace our underperforming strike force of Barnes and CMS to have a really good opportunity of promotion this season..
Which reminds me - some on here dont even want promotion...... how laughable is that...

calm down woody :)

Jan 21, 2012
The team played exceptionally well..3 against the post..inches in it....and you want changes? I'm curious what would your team be for tuesday

I'm not saying the team didn't play well... because they did but the frustrating thing is the amount of chances Barnes actually wastes. Dobbie needs to be given a chance in the role that Barnes plays. I, like a lot of other Brighton fans, am getting frustrated by the way we play and not actually finishing teams off. We should be in the play offs at least now... but i guess that's football.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Makes me laugh when people point out the good things that Barnes does....HELLO,,,,,, he is a pro footballer(at least that's what his contract says) he gets paid to do good things now and then. Yet the fact people feel the need to point it out, every time he does something half decent, says it all.

Only because some people feel the need to constantly point out that he made a mistake or two, like all players do regardless of what level they play at.

It says a lot about those people just focus on the negative rather than also take into account the whole performance and imo its counter productive to run a player down all the time he is at this club, its not how to get the best out of a player.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I think you would find that if we were to get promoted, everyone would be really happy.

The difference is that they don't demand promotion but are prepared for us to take some time and build a team that if / when promoted, would be able to compete and stay up rather than go straight back down again.

If the club were as desperate for promotion this season as some fans with very high expectations, don't you think that the board would have splashed out and 'broke the bank' buying everyone and anyone they could like Leicester did at the start of the last season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not saying the team didn't play well... because they did but the frustrating thing is the amount of chances Barnes actually wastes. Dobbie needs to be given a chance in the role that Barnes plays. I, like a lot of other Brighton fans, am getting frustrated by the way we play and not actually finishing teams off. We should be in the play offs at least now... but i guess that's football.

all said in the right spirit mate...the dobbie/barnes bit could fill a book...so just let me concentrate on yur bit ''frustrated by the way we play''..dont u think we played well yesterday..by this i mean our buildup play? Only i thought we made bolton look ordinary ..or maybe they are poor....only u say we played well yesterday and then say you are frustrated by the way we play...i'm puzzled...if its just a swap dobbie for barnes cant be much wrong...taking that penalty aside...u could say CMS missed loads of opportunities..maybe Hoskins in for him?...even then its only tinkering or squad rotation...not much wrong is there? (still gutted we didnt get three points)

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
You must ask yourself why does Barnes receive so much critism,answer he finds himself so often in goalscoring situations but his percentage of goals is low,so its no good saying he has scored so many look at the number of misses.
After the Peterboro and Bolton results i find another home game on Tuesday less than attractive,one match every two weeks is more than enough.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I've never liked Barnes in that wide left role, he's no winger, but yesterday was poorest so far. A truly awful penalty, a poor attempt at a free header, an unmarked free shot (cocked-up) and the 1 that finished it all off was the worldly he tried out on the left at the North Stand end that ended up in the back row when we had 3 players breaking into the box. Enough is enough, there's only 1 thing wrong with the team and it's the missing of clear chances so we don't kill teams off and Barnes at the moment is the main passenger.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The luck will change, shots that have hit the woodwork will go in and shots that are being missed will take deflections and go in. We are a good side that have not hit top gear yet. It will happen, I have confidence in this side.

This is about how I feel as well.

I find myself keep saying, "It'll come", and never being too disappointed when we dip out on the 3pts like we have several times so far this season. I feel quietly confident and calm. Having said that I can see why several games have left a lot of our fans feeling gutted and reacting negatively as a result. If they could rationalise our performances for a minute though and take the long view then I'm sure most would be more than happy with how the team are performing at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People, (myself included) do need a reality check.

We are a second division side playing second division football.

If our players were going to score every chance, head in every corner, defend every attack, they wouldn't be playing for us.

Yes we should have won yesterday.
But we never should have beaten Forest last season.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
People, (myself included) do need a reality check.

We are a second division side playing second division football.

If our players were going to score every chance, head in every corner, defend every attack, they wouldn't be playing for us.

Yes we should have won yesterday.
But we never should have beaten Forest last season.

Or came away with a draw from their place as well. And to think that but for Lynch's goal right at the end we very nearly robbed them twice and bagged all 6 pts instead of just the 4 we stole. It certainly is a funny old game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It seems to me that 90% of our fan base live on the knife edge of believing we are superb and absolutely shite. We can't just be good.
They giver players 3,2,1 or 0 out of ten or 9s and 10s. The difference being an inch or two lower and not hitting the bar. An inch lower and Orlandi and Hammond (was it him?) would be the best players ever, as it was they are shit. Barnes misses a penalty and so is shit, he scores it and he is still shit as they don't count anyway (f***ing hypocrites).
We are good at the moment 7/8 out of ten. With a bit of luck we will be even better.

Spot on and yes it was Hammond

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here